Solution Sales Specialist, Buyside
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM), Asia
To sell specialized products to Buyside and build on reputation as a business, markets or technology
- Responsible for selling set of products to Buyside segment in Asia, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognize client needs and propose relevant solutions
- Deliver recurring and outright sales target
- Generate new opportunities, follow and develop opportunities and leads
- Pro-active in developing opportunities
- Provide domain expertise relative to the customer segment (expert in markets-based product knowledge)
- Gathers feedback from the customers
- Maintain accurate sales forecasts and opportunity data in CRM systems
- Develop innovative approaches to problems facing financial markets, IT and business owners
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective and positive leadership qualities desired
- Ability to handle customer contacts and internal strategic business units
- Strong ability to negotiate and close
- A self-starter with the ability to drive the sales process in both assigned accounts and new business
- Highly motivated and the ability to work pro-actively
- Prior Solutions Sales/Account Management experience in Financial Services Industry
- Sound negotiation skills and a strong team player
- Proven track record meeting sales revenue
- Good understanding on Buyside workflow
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Good Mandarin and Cantonese (both verbal and written an advantage)
- 5+ years working experience
- Good financial market and industry knowledge required
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Experience in the financial market (Investment/Wealth Management, broking, firms etc) or experience in servicing the financial market
- Able to work under pressure, independently and good sense of ownership and responsibility
- Knowledge in relevant products welcome (e.g. Thomson Reuters Eikon, Datastream, Lipper etc)
- Relevant market qualifications such as CFA is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong