Lead sales and product specialist team as an integrated unit in coordination with the corporate field channel to achieve new sales and revenue growth goals. Develop and maintain an organization that insures cooperation and coordination around the customer, working closely with the field management and sales teams, along with other key business partners---including marketing units, the Client Relationship Group, NPD, Finance, HR and additional TR business organizations as appropriate.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Maximize total Tracker revenue from new sales along with renewal, upsell and growth of existing client base as required
2. Lead, manage and develop an effective team of sales and product specialists, including a manager, capable of delivering the unit’s sales plan
3. Assist the President in the development, presentation and implementation of the team’s strategic and operational business plan, including business reviews
4. Insure the teaming and joint development of new and existing business opportunities to maximize revenue in existing accounts
5. Lead, assign and manage team and individual performance in order to achieve the group’s assigned goals
6. Oversee and participate in major presentations and negotiations with top corporate clients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong ability to develop a competent business planning process and cornerstone document for executing on Plan objectives
* Responsibly advise on deploying resources effectively across the market base
* Champion new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services
* Set high standards for performance, take ownership, and drive accountability for results
* Creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment
* Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee’s performance
* Create an environment to attract the best and brightest people
* Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
Business is Global
* Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners including channel teammates, segment, NPD and Finance to drive the business forward
* Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives
* Open to new ideas, processes and other opportunities to drive efficiency, improve workflow and overall business effectiveness
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of Thomson Reuters’ products and services for the Corporate client
* Exemplifies a strong understanding of the corporate market with an ability to construct strategies for complex, multi-department purchasing or procurement motions
* Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
* Four-year degree required.
* JD plus MBA or commensurate business experience preferred
* 6-10 years legal publishing or legal markets experience
* 6-10 years of responsibility in sales, sales management or account management
* 3+ years information sales or software sales management experience
* 5+ years experience in selecting and developing sales or account management professionals
* 3+ years experience in selling to corporate customers
* Business strategy and planning experience including goal setting financial analysis and performance management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.