Purpose of Role:-
Significant client interaction to understand the project specific requirements, client's positions and processes, project and team management, training associates and sr. associates on technical issues, answering questions on real time basis and constant & effective client communication. Creating playbook and other guideline documents to ensure quality and consistent approach towards all the drafts. Actively involved in mentoring and training new and existing employees, making them comfortable with the working environment and ensuring their continuity in the organization. An AM acts as a bridge between the management and the associates and sr. associates.
Leads one large complex or two small-to-medium complexity projects effectively, without intensive oversight:
- Quality control the drafts reviewed by associates and sr. associates
- Negotiates with client's counterparty (lawyers/business) to help attain the contract with no or minimal deviations from client's positions
- Displays ability to lead projects in the absence of seniors
- Primary responsibility for applying standard audits; does not simply rely on pre-existing audit lists; suggests additional audits (e.g. based on client escalation responses or other feedback)
- Point person for the project team to spot/address/escalate all issues
- Expected to innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques
- Prepares reporting matrices as desired by the client
- Strong subject matter expertise
- Administrative responsibilities, primarily centered on the employee appraisal process.
Scope and Impact:-
- Financial: Responsible for completing the project within budgeted hours, or if the budgeted hours do increase due to iterations/negotiations, update the same with the new budgeted hours.
- Business impact and geographic scope: Critical to delivery of drafting services in delivery centers in Mumbai and Noida. Sometimes required to run cross-office engagement.
- Team size - 1 - 5
- Strong subject matter expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong client- and external party-facing skills: main point of contact with external representatives in connection with particular projects. Able to effectively gauge client needs even if not expressly stated
- Highly responsive to the needs of both internal (including reporting managers, other project managers and team members) as well as external clients
- Strong presentation and training skills; project-specific training is a core responsibility
- Strong project management skills, including firm grasp of Pangea3 processes, metrics, and productivity-implications of project workflow
- General knowledge of processes and platforms that the clients use
- Demonstrates an ability to perform Managers' role in Manager's absence
- Focusing on Customers
- Championing Innovation
- Thinking Globally
- Setting Direction
- Inspiring Others
- Driving Results
- Integrating with the client's attorneys and extended legal arm
- Instill the faith in business requestors by explaining legal terms and risk to them and respecting the TAT required
- Important relationships include those with Managers, Sr. Managers, Directors/AVPs and HoD.
Education / Certification:-
- 3-8 years of experience
- Strong subject matter knowledge
- Conducts effective training
- Conducts quality control and audit responsibilities and gives timely feedback
- Prepares external communications (written and oral)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.