Purpose of Role:-
- Sr. Associates have 1 to 2 years of work experience and apart from ongoing first line review work, typically have periodic quality control and/ or basic project management / team management and client management skills
- Sr. Associates have English/Grammar and communication (written and verbal) skills that enable them to create client engagement reference documents, emails and drafts used for client communication with minimal senior personnel review and participate in and contribute to client calls.
- Sr. Associates begin to learn the project management and client management skills required for the Assistant Manager levels. This role is critical to the high quality and smooth delivery of the work product.
- Assume Associates responsibilities/accountabilities
- First Line and conduct Quality Review for a range of agreements including Patent License Agreements, Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA , Online Advertising Agreements, Printing and Publishing Agreement, Duty Free Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Legal Compliance for promotion and advertising campaigns and other commercial contracts reviewed and drafted by first line reviewers in light of recent legislation and statutes
- Negotiate or participate with seniors during negotiations with the counterparty to secure acceptance of the terms of clients from various sectors such as Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, Manufacturing Companies, Finance Company, Human Resource Solutions and IT Services Industry, Universities, Film Production House, Global Webhosting Company etc.
- Exercises good judgment with document and identifying issues as well as coming up with solutions and pushbacks keeping in mind the client's positions
- Provide training to their colleagues and juniors on, inter alia, each client’s processes and preferred positions to be incorporated at each stage of review, and uses training tools such as client playbooks, guidelines, checklists and other knowledge tools to achieve this
- Attend and contribute to team meeting and participate in training and certification courses
- Contribute to development and preparation of training material and conduct project specific training sessions.
Scope and Impact:-
- Financial responsibilities – NA
- Business impact and geographic scope of role - Critical to delivery of contract drafting services in delivery centers in Mumbai and Bangalore.
- People management responsibilities
- Clear on complex contractual concepts.
- Good analytical & logical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and meticulous and is able to guide and direct juniors.
- Skilled in client processes and systems (including the ability to suggest changes to make them more effective).
- Demonstrates an ability to perform Assistant Manager's role in Assistant Manager's absence.
- Comprehends the project and the subject matter – understands the overall purpose of the review and the needs of the clients.
- Can analyze and identify patterns / relationships not explicitly identified / presented in the contracts.
- Sensitive to client deadlines
- Effective on the floor in terms of sharing learning/insights with peers/juniors/seniors.
- Assists senior personnel in tracking individual, engagement and team performance metrics; provides guidance to associates on technical, substantive, process oriented and administrative issues; consistently qualifies for Team Leader and serves successfully as Project Manager on more than two projects.
- Encourages teamwork, maintains positive attitude contributing to team morale; performs first line review if required.
- Focusing on Customers
- Championing Innovation
- Setting Direction
- Building Talent
- Driving Results
- Occasional client facing responsibilities.
- Internal - Relationship with the colleagues
Education / Certification:-
- 1 to 2 years of work experience
- Routinely handles quality control functions on a project.
- Drafts client communication for review of seniors, often assigned audit responsibilities before document delivery to client.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert and leader for sub teams of 3- 5 first line reviewers.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.