The Thomson Reuters Elite product management team is looking for a talented, ambitious, self-directed product leader to guide products from conception to launch and all stages in between of the product lifecycle. As a product manager, you'll be responsible for creating valuable new features to maximize product line profitability. You’ll define the product strategy and vision, work with customers to prioritize unmet user needs, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to launch products to the market.
The Product Manager for 3E tools and utilities is responsible for leading build & deploy automation, Monitoring & Diagnostics, Utilities 3E, Instance Admin and 3E Studio applications. The position will also represent Product Management in performance testing and improvement discussions and triage solutions for individual products and modules. The primary responsibilities include the collecting of customer requirements, conducting market and competitive research, defining and refining product requirements, product planning and launch activities and working in an Agile development environment to bring the product successfully to market. The product manager requires a blend of legal industry, system tools and utilities, Visual Studio, software deployment, upgrade and customization capabilities, and web and mobile software expertise.
- Serve as the organization’s Subject Matter Expert and technology evangelist for the assigned products
- Manage complete product life cycle including market requirements, product release plans, Agile user story and success criteria authoring and backlog prioritization and maintenance, and product launch activities
- Drive and communicate competitive comparison assessment of product line to ensure clear understanding of product position in the market
- Monitor industry, competitive, software, and data trends from a technology perspective and summarize findings for senior and executive management to influence strategy and product planning
- Research target market changes and trends and use analysis to identify market requirements for current and future product consideration
- Generate buy/build/partner product business cases to meet market and customer requirements, product design goals, and business objectives
- Partner with customers and internal stakeholders to validate requirements and priorities through various forums (meetings, focus groups, CRM analysis, etc.)
- Collaborate with user experience, engineering, service, and support departments on product design and plans
- Provide ongoing communication on product road map and release plans to organization and customers while aligning the message to the market needs
- Work with the Documentation team to ensure all product changes are adequately documented in release notes, online help, user guides, and knowledge bases and review the content for accuracy
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations on features at customer conferences and internal meetings
- Manage and drive product launch process and ensure organizational and market readiness
- Strong relationship management, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to meeting market needs through new concepts with technology, user experience and internal procedures
- Ability to define and translate customer requirements into well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria that are easily understood by software engineers
- Ability to think like a customer and strongly represent the customer point of view
- Ability to define technical research plans, perform research, and author high quality presentations focused on technical concepts for internal and external audiences
- Ability to interact with and guide remote global product teams
- Ability to communicate with Directors of IT and CIOs to discuss product and architecture vision
- Ability to identify different types of technical and business focused user personas and design marketing messages and product designs that meet their needs
- Demonstrate strong business acumen throughout the product management life cycle and Agile SDLC
- Ability to adapt to change and champion it
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 4+ years of software product management or related role and/or law firm/legal environment experience
- 4+ years of enterprise software product management with experience in an Agile methodology
- Familiarity with DevOps (Development and Operations) and release management methodologies
- Expertise with system tools and utilities, software deployment, upgrade and customization capabilities, Visual Studio, and web and mobile software
- Strong project management background and ability to manage a cross-functional team to deliver software releases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum software development desired
- Experience in finance and accounting for legal and/or professional services
- Elite 3E and/or legal finance and accounting software experience highly desired
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to bring new product to market in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to define product roadmap, to translate customer business problems into product requirements, and to launch products to stakeholders, the market, and customers
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Bachelor degree required in a technical or business related field. MBA or other advanced degree desired; candidates with a combination of technical/engineering and business backgrounds are desired
- Ability to travel 10% of time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Culver City-California-United States of America