Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Role Purpose and Accountabilities:
Reuters is seeking an experienced and polished Global Director of Marketing, responsible for driving the development and implementation of cohesive, strategic, measurable marketing activities and tactical plans. Reporting to the Global Head of PR and Communications, the Global Director of Marketing will provide marketing support across editorial and commercial operations, across both B2B and B2C initiatives, and will work in close partnership with senior leadership and internal stakeholders across Reuters, within Thomson Reuters and with the company’s central corporate communications and marketing operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on a diverse number of elements, including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans related to Reuters and its key initiatives across both financial and general news;
- Identify fundamental metrics and implement tracking systems, including detailed results and ROI reporting on campaigns and initiatives;
- Create and deliver effective brand collateral, sales enablement materials, events and programs for a range of customer segments and financial asset classes, consumers, clients and prospects;
- Understand and report on current market conditions, competitor information, data analytics and relevant trends, and evaluate and adjust marketing programs accordingly;
- Leverage a variety of marketing channels, traditional, email, digital and more;
- Proactively secure event and speaking opportunities to position key executives as experts on industry issues and address important and relevant topics;
- Oversee Reuters Best and other current marketing programs and platforms, including Reuters Newsmakers, Reuters Summits, webinars and showcases;
- Uphold Reuters standards and provide guidance for use of brand, Reuters photography and other assets across the business;
- Uncover opportunities and build relationships with relevant industry organizations;
- Work cohesively with the wider Reuters communications operations, including public relations, editorial events, internal communications, and the central corporate operation, as well as with multiple teams and stakeholders across Reuters;
- Manage a small team and maintain a high-performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff;
- Generate ideas, be bold.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years hands-on Marketing experience gained within an agency or in-house marketing role;
- Proven track record in delivering measurable results;
- An understanding of news, finance and tech and how they may intersect;
- Experience executing integrated marketing campaigns, knowledge of best practices;
- Experience in delivering quality output and managing multiple priorities while working under pressure;
- Ability to clearly articulate a strategy around a set of complex problems and solutions;
- An outstanding, polished and confident communicator with excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as collaborative member of a team;
- Superb project management skills;
- High degree of customer orientation and focus;
- Ability to interact with leaders and colleagues at all levels, proven ability to drive results and work well in a matrix organization and effectively manage across boundaries;
- Strong and experienced manager with a genuine interest in sharing knowledge and building capability and talent;
- Critical thinking, flexibility, natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge;
- Knowledge of Poppulo, Eloqua, InDesign a plus.
- Global experience preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Toronto-Ontario-Canada