The primary function served by the Order Entry Analyst, Level I is to process customer orders submitted by the Thomson Reuters Sales, Customer Service, Support departments or directly by our customers accurately within 24 hours of receipt.
In addition to this core competency, the following responsibilities also exist for this position:
- Process orders accurately and timely in accordance with the priorities established for the day
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with Thomson Reuters customers and internal staff members
- Promote a team-oriented environment through a demonstrated positive attitude and willingness to help others
- Broaden knowledge of Accounting Operations tasks including both Order Team and Accounts Receivable responsibilities
- Research order anomalies and search for solutions before involving the Sales team or others
- Notify management on any internal systems-related issues that impact the Order Team’s ability to process orders with timeliness and accuracy
- Complete special projects as assigned by the F & A Management team
- Create and maintain statistical reports
- Proactively seek additional training on new processes, product knowledge, and business practices
- Ability to function as Order Facilitator after six months as an Order Team Analyst – Level I
- Conduct trend analytics to determine issues
- Additional job duties as required
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Associates degree in Business or Information Technology
- Computer experience with an emphasis on accurate data entry
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Willing to take the initiative to seek out answers and additional work
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks according to their importance
- Data analysis
- The Order Team experiences their “busy season” from mid-October through December. During this time, over-time will be required and will include some mandatory Saturdays. Paid Time Off is not available November or December. The Order Team may have to work on some company scheduled holidays including, but not limited to the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, day after Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and day after New Year’s.
- Another short-term “busy season” occurs from June through mid-July for the early renewal period of UltraTax. During this time, over-time will be required and will include some mandatory Saturdays. Paid Time Off is not available during the month of June.
- Approximately 10-20 hours of overtime are expected per month during the busy season.
- Last business day of the month is considered our company month end. All Order Team reps are required to stay until work is complete; Average 12 hour day.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America