Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, Thomson Reuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by the world's most trusted news organization. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com <http://www.thomsonreuters.com/>
Job description – Payroll Specialist (Australia)
Responsible to perform end to end Payroll duties for Thomson Reuters Australia. To provide a quality service to our customers and partner groups including Employees, Outsourced vendor, Local Authorities, Finance and HR. Ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely for delivery of payroll to Thomson Reuters employees. Responsible for timely payment of statutory dues and filing of returns. Maintain continuous improvement mindset and implement improvements on a continual basis.
The Role involves (but not limited) to the following:
-Validate Workday change report to ensure that the correct information is being passed for the payroll processing.
- Collation of non-workday payroll data and send the same to vendor for processing.
- Perform administrative tasks in the leave system. Download & verify leave reports from the leave system and send it to payroll vendor for processing.
- Review payroll data processed by payroll vendor.
- Perform payroll controls to ensure accuracy of payroll report.
- Manage payroll authorization and timely payment of payroll to employees.
- Ensure timely submission of GL files for posting.
- Provide required support to accounting team for payroll accounting & reconciliations.
- Ensure adherence to statutory compliance, timely statutory filing and payments to authority.
- Provide required support during internal and statutory audit.
- Reply to employee’s payroll queries.
- Manage year end statutory filings and closure activities.
- Participate in payroll related projects.
- Perform ad-hoc activities related to payroll.
- Assist team leader in projects and other payroll related works.
Education: Commerce Graduate
Required Skills (Must have):
- Necessary industry experience & associated number of years of experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in processing Australia payroll.
- Experience in multi country payroll with advanced knowledge of Australia payroll, leave rules, tax & social security calculations.
- Understanding of payroll accounting entries.
- Good problem solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage the work load and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive & self motivation with the ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to form strong customer relationships, an understanding of customer focus and service delivery.
- Exposure to Work Day tool and Cloudpay system will be an added advantage.
- Good attitude and willing to learn more.
- Good MS office skills and Excel working knowledge
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.