The Learning Solutions business of Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting, Inc. is searching for a Product and Operations Manager to support the growing businesses within our portfolio. This person will be responsible for developing and executing our product strategy efforts, with emphasis on cross-functional and cross-systems borders that we must interact with to be successful. This person will engage our operational and business functions to design, develop, and improve our go-to market actions. This role will support our client-facing teams to delight our customers. They will lead our product development ideation process and business case development to address multiple business opportunities. This role will be a central “go-to” resource for market, and technology information that solves opportunities and provides solutions to our internal and external partners. This person will need high curiosity and a developed intellectual agility to be successful. If you want to excel in a fast-paced, evolving marketplace and drive solutions to exceed customer expectations, we invite you to apply for this engaging & exciting role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, analyze and prioritize market feedback from diverse sources to understand and articulate market problems and create clear and succinct value proposition and positioning statements.
- Manage the product life-cycle from ideation to withdrawal.
- Plan and execute tasks that facilitate sun setting of obsolete products with particular focus on effective customer migration and customer expectation management.
- Lead the development of ideas and business cases to address market opportunities; present business cases that justify the necessary resources and capital investment and secure approval.
- Actively drive ongoing prioritization in light of changes in market conditions and shifting customer priorities.
- Champion product launches by developing launch goals and effectively manage cross-functional teams to shepherd new releases to market.
- Be accountable for all commercial readiness aspects of product launches including customer on-boarding, customer support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development.
- Support commercial-facing teams in client engagement and retention activities.
- Support business model, bundling and pricing decisions by providing relevant pricing analysis and recommendations.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring , whilst establishing and maintaining relationships with a large number of key stakeholders.
- Monitor and regularly report on product line performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in computer or business related field plus a minimum of five years’ software or product management experience or combination thereof
- Exhibits a passion for creating customer value – understands target customers, their needs, wants, and aims, and aligns business processes, products, and services to satisfy customers and build customer relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of product management functions including market research, competitive analysis, the development of value propositions, pricing, positioning, and product lifecycle and portfolio management.
- Understands and effectively makes use of 'voice of the customer' techniques and methods to gather insights and inform decision making; supports insights with quantitative research where required.
- Able to identify and evaluate commercial opportunities and translate corporate direction into product portfolio decisions.
- Able to prepare business cases, consolidate and monitor revenue forecasts, prepare sensitivity analysis and understand related business risks.
- Understands and effectively plans all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer on-boarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development.
- Grasps the role of the key players involved in the sales process and what they need to successfully meet sales goals and customer expectations.
- Active curiosity, imagination and ability to think creatively.
- Demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically
- Proven ability to influence internal and external audiences, including cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Open attitude and aptitude for learning
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Travel to customer sites and other events at managers discretion
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America