- Manages the provision of pre-sales and post-sales service to customers.
- Delegates customer service department procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between customers, operations, sales, field service and order processing to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Expedites service and repairs and manages escalation complaints.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
- Identifies areas of improvement and efficiency, productivity and accuracy.
- May lead multi functional team that may report on quality/process excellence, metrics and other stakeholder requirements.
- May be responsible for leading department initiatives and associated product awareness campaigns.
- Provide direction for the resolution of extreme or unusual customer problems.
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers and /or functional peer group managers.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Requirements: Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Excellent people management skills with good knowledge of customer behavior.
- Ability coach and develop staff without significant support from their own line managers.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills in a service environment (intensity/volume etc), may have budget responsibility.
- The ability to mentor and train junior staff.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred or equivalent management experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America