Software Engineer Intern (Legal & Findlaw Technology in Eagan, MN)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with a competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Join Thomson Reuters and work alongside our innovative technologists, solving technical problems that directly impact our business. If you want to leverage your classroom knowledge while gaining hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies, Thomson Reuters has the right internship experience for you. Our Technology Interns have the opportunity to work in one or more of the following areas: software programming, software testing, databases, platform, and others. We have several opportunities for internships at our Eagan campus within our various business units including: Legal, Findlaw, Research and Development, Mobile Technology, Editorial Platforms and Management Information Systems.
- Programming Languages (Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET, Python, Ruby, Groovy)
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
- Relational Database (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Virtualization (VMware, Lab Manager, VDI)
- Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, AIX, SuSe)
Past internships have included:
- Research and prototyping projects for formal rules systems, non-traditional databases, and federated identity management.
- Design and development of web-based research solutions for use by national and international customers
- Creation of custom web interfaces
- Development of large content management systems including data repositories, web-based data access and UI
- Software testing in multiple phases of the development cycle for initiatives across multiple organizations
- Performance analysis and tuning of application servers
- Creation of applications to collect and disseminate vital system statistics to various parts of the technology organization.
- Participation in testing new technologies in a lab environment
- Collaboration with multiple teams to ensure technology solutions meet business needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents within a defined Incident Management Process
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline meeting program academic requirements
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of an agile development team
- Strong problem analysis approach
Thomson Reuters will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position now or in the future.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.