We are seeking a Senior QA/Automation Engineer who will develop and apply an automated testing framework for our multi-tenant platform which is based on AngularJS technologies and multiple REST APIs. This automation engineer will be working closely with a talented team of software developers and business analyst to analyze requirements, develop test plans and test cases, and help automate them.
The Senior QA/Automation Engineer will be involved throughout the design process and will ensure the solution is designed with testability and supportability in mind. In this role, the Senior QA Test Engineer oversees and supervises all test automation work within the geographically dispersed QA team. The Senior QA Test Engineer promotes the use of test automation across the testing team and our global company, helping to educate management and stakeholders to the benefits of automated testing. The role is hands-on, including design and coding of test scripts and the automation framework.
The Senior QA Test Engineer is also responsible for maintaining an awareness of industry ideas, trends and tools, then working to apply them to our platform testing efforts where appropriate. A successful candidate must have a passion for technology, be a creative problem solver, and have a desire to improve our software's usability, reliability, and performance.
Primary Job Duties
- Scope, design, implement and maintain testing automation frameworks for all of our platform websites.
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing automated test scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Write Automation test cases using tools like Selenium, Protractor and Jasmine with reusable functions and drivers that can be used to create automated tests for multiple projects with maximum reuse of automation script code.
- Develop and implement automation strategies, test plans, test suites, standards and processes.
- Run automated tests, analyze tests results, localize confirm and report issues.
- Work closely with development engineers to reproduce and resolve issues.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Other duties include Production support and subsequent defect research.
- Assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to more junior team members on automation tools and framework.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. (MS desired)
- 3+ years of experience in developing automation scripts with Selenium WebDriver or QTP or similar tools preferably in Java or C#
- 5+ years’ development experience using object oriented programming and design patterns
- 5+ or more years of commercial software testing experience of web or desktop applications
- Proven experience testing HTML5 (web and/or mobile) applications
- Strong understanding of web development technologies and concepts including AJAX, AngularJS, Node.JS, jQuery, REST API/WEB API, CSS.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)including requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, documentation, support and maintenance
- Proven capability in test methodology, automation and test processes
- Strong technical background in testing and designing automation framework in services
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and drive test initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; heavy documentation is necessary.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experience working on an Agile development team.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Servers such as Team Foundation Server or Hudson and Jenkins
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.