We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Knowledge Solutions team in Carrollton, TX. In this role, the candidate will work with different units of the teams in eliciting and documenting requirements for web-based products. You will be collaborating with business users, technology teams, and leadership in an Agile, customer-centric environment.
- Partners with Product Owners and other stakeholders to translate business requirements as Epics and User Stories that are complete and easy to understand, foster innovation and represent the value to the customer
- Understands the products from users and development perspective.
- Develops and improves business processes within the technology and business organizations, understanding client requirements, specifies and analyzes these to a sufficient level of detail to ensure clarity of definition and translates them into user stories.
- Defines Acceptance Criteria for User Stories, and develops and executes User Acceptance Tests to validate that the software meets the Acceptance Criteria
- Plans, estimates, and schedules the business analysis tasks. Collaborates with scrum teams and stakeholders to establish consistent standards and effective Agile practices.
- Assists sales, customer service, and technical support by providing informal training, and as a resource to answer support questions
- Incorporates customer feedback into User Stories and design
- Keeps the backlog groomed
- Fosters Agile principles and methods for requirements gathering
- Further knowledge of BA standards, methods, tools, and techniques
- Ensures the deliverables are of the desired content, suitability, usability, and quality
- Facilitates requirements gathering, user story workshops, and design discussions
- Builds and manages stakeholder relationships with the ability to keep stakeholders engaged, responsible, and proactive in working toward deliverable goals and objectives
- Coaches and mentors junior colleagues.
- Reviews quality of work of junior members of team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a business analyst in an Agile environment, and demonstrated passion for Lean and Agile development principles
- Understanding of Agile Development approaches, including Test Driven Development concepts, iterative development, and Lean principles
- Works independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Fast learned with the ability to work with technical and non-technical customers and other stakeholders to generate clear, concise product requirements and stories
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Solid analysis and problem solving skills
- Understands principles of usability and helps ensure products are fit for purpose
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinker with exceptional ability to model business processes and identify and resolve gaps
- Understanding of business architecture framework (Structure, people, processes, and technology) that supports the organization’s strategy
- Able to handle pressure and changes effectively
- Able to be responsive and have fast paced decision making skills with the ability to drive business results
- Facilitated requirements gathering sessions with multiple stakeholders
- Worked with stakeholders across business segments
- Worked with globally, distributed teams
- Ensured product design conforms to accessibility and other standards such as section 508
- Experience with the public accounting industry a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America