This position is responsible for implementing special offer contracts including pricing, content strategies, and legal language that are in accordance with and in support of the field, segment, content and product owners. This role involves frequent communication with personnel from several functional areas, especially Sales and Account Management (SAM), Contracts Counsel, Strategic Marketing, SAM Finance, New Product Development, Order Fulfillment, Product & Pricing Services, Commissions and Billing. The position provides reporting and analysis relating to contract performance, competitive win-loss reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as requested by Finance/Strategic Marketing management. Finally, the Analyst may be called upon to provide training related to special offer processes and/or act generally as a resource for contract information.
- Calculate, analyze, price, create contracts, and implement special offer new/renewal process in cooperation with the functional areas listed above. Gather account-level information in cooperation with SAM, analyze usage/revenue trends, review customer content needs and market pricing trends. Work through implementation issues with Order Fulfillment, Product & Pricing Services, Commissions and Billing to ensure appropriate account set-up and billing.
- Work with Strategic Marketing to develop and implement pricing/content programs that lead to optimal contract sales and renewals. This includes providing feedback about the current market environment, implementing segment programs, and working through implementation issues as programs are expanded and fine-tuned to fit market needs. The Analyst will also act as a resource for determining new processes as additional programs and initiatives are launched.
- Maintains various systems for metric tracking and a database for contract management, which houses information about contract terms and provides data for monthly financial reporting. The analyst helps to ensure the department adheres to SOX and IFRS reporting and compliance.
- Actively identify and participate in cross-functional teams and projects to assist in driving increased quality, process improvements and standardization and , business system enhancements. Participate and drive acquisitions and integrations of new products and processes into CVM.
- Act as an advisor to various groups regarding the performance and direction of Special Offer contracts. This includes training certain groups about the types of contracts we write, how programs related to Special Offer contracts are intended to work, and how the special offer process works generally. The Analyst is also a key resource for Special Offer reporting and analysis.
- Four-year college degree in business, finance, accounting or other relevant major required; MBA and/or knowledge of legal industry is a plus.
- 2 - 4 years experience in a Finance and/or contract pricing environment a plus
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good multi-tasking and math abilities
- Experience with SAP or Business Objects a plus
- Basic knowledge of Thomson products
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America