Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Department: Human Resources
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road, Scarborough
Talent Acquisition Partner
The successful Talent Acquisition Partner will have strong relationship management and networking skills, be customer focused, articulate and demonstrate initiative in all aspects of work. Organizational awareness, ability to use sound judgment and interviewing/assessment skills are necessary to the success of the Recruiter in sourcing, screening, and recommend candidates who possess necessary qualities to succeed at Thomson Reuters.
This position works collaboratively with HR Business Partners, HR leaders, and business leaders as well as external partners to ensure success. The individual will manage the talent acquisition process within his/her assigned area(s) from receipt of approved requisition to accepted offer and will be accountable for meeting established recruiting performance targets.
This position is responsible for:
- developing cost-effective recruiting strategies and proactively creating and maintaining candidate pipelines as needed, in partnership with HR and business leaders;
- managing full lifecycle of recruitment; emphasis on proactive sourcing using a variety of methods, assess and recruit professional candidates for a variety of positions at various levels across multiple disciplines;
- conducting consultative strategic intake sessions with hiring managers and HR partners to set expectations and timelines for the recruiting process, create desired candidate profile, develop sourcing strategies and establish desired communication protocols;
- using a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques as needed to obtain a diverse pool of well-qualified candidates; building strong networks and direct sourcing is essential for this position. Assisting with tracking, measuring and managing sourcing channels used by the team and share relevant sourcing information;
- keeping hiring managers informed of sourcing activities and status of qualified candidate pools;
- consulting with HR business partners and hiring managers on final candidate selection and offer package;
- utilizing Workday (applicant tracking system) to manage candidates, develop reports and maintain all recruitment data;
- staying current on new trends in attracting and recruitment of talent;
- articulating value proposition and benefits of working for Thomson Reuters in a meaningful and accurate way to candidates;
- building strong relationships with hiring managers, HR, candidates, peers within the recruiting and within partner organizations;
- accountable for legal compliance in his/her assigned area of recruiting activity and ensuring Thomson Reuters policies and processes are followed; and
- other HR projects and support as required.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a college diploma or university degree in HR or related field strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 1-3 years of recruitment experience with a track record of success in a high volume, fast-paced corporate environment; prior experience working in a global information, professional services or technology company is desirable;
- a demonstrated talent assessment skills in effectively evaluating candidates (training in behavioral event or competency based interviewing a plus);
- a proven track record of conducting effective and timely searches;
- experience in cold calling, candidate development and directly sourcing candidates from a variety of media including standard sourcing tools (corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, agencies, college postings and alumni organizations, open houses) to build candidate pipelines;
- experience managing multiple projects, including requisition management, metrics and reporting, and compliance requirements;
- effective communication and consulting skills in working with a wide range of levels in setting recruiting expectations, developing an effective sourcing strategy, evaluating candidates and providing competitive market analysis;
- the ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload. Working knowledge of automated recruiting systems required; working knowledge of Workday is a plus; and
- working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
HR certification/designation and Bilingual (French and English) language skills will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.