Customer Risk Proposition Manager – Entity Screening
Financial and Risk provides critical news, information, analytics and transaction capabilities for trading, investing, financial and corporate professionals, and also offers leading regulatory and operational risk management solutions. Financial and Risk’s products and services help their customers discover profitable insights and opportunities, access liquidity, drive efficiencies in their business and operations, anticipate risk and ensure compliance.
Customer Risk is a cornerstone proposition within Thomson Reuters’ risk business. Customer Risk provides risk intelligence data and software solutions to its clients globally, including the market leading World-Check suits of products. The Customer Risk proposition covers KYC, payment screening and transaction monitoring solutions.
Product or Service:
The products within the proposition are:
- World-Check Datafile, which contains sanctions, PEP and other heightened risk entities
- World-Check One and other customer screening solutions
- Screening deployed, which covers customer and payment screening
- Transaction Monitoring
- TRAC, a tool for managing risk associated to trade based money laundering
Define and articulate the strategic direction for the Entity Screening tools proposition and our ‘how to win’ plans. Leads the horizontal team in understanding market requirements enabling the delivery of customer-centric solutions to market. Bring clear “voice of the user” and user workflow and needs analysis to bear on the design of commercially successful value propositions for those users and their communities. Propositions include specifications around service level requirements. Leads the horizontal team to execute on industry-leading solutions. Creates an exceptional reputation for TR in assigned communities.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Community: Lead a team that owns a specific broad client community. Build a team that is part of and actively engages in the community discussion. The team creates internal understanding and awareness of market activities, trends and client requirements. Builds our reputation and adoption in the community.
- Growth Opportunities: Identify and prioritise new growth opportunities. Define and articulate the strategic direction of these prioritised new growth opportunities.
- Business Plans: Leads the cross-functional team in prioritising and delivering well researched, customer benefit-focused and compelling business plans which underpin execution of business strategy. Recommend a build/buy/partner approach and develop the business case rationale to drive investment decision making and prioritization for capital and resource allocation to develop propositions. Seek approval from investment committee for the same.
- Provide Direction to Product Management: Set the requirements, the “what” for the Product Management group, who then decide “how” these requirements are delivered. Articulate and prioritise high level requirements to meet business goals and strategy to product management team: gain customer feedback on concept / incubation activities.
- Go to Market Plans: Definition go-to-market plans as part of the business case and in support of execution – thought-leader/subject matter expert during sales process, taking part in/attendance of industry events, representation on key industry forums.
- Pricing Policy: Set solid, commercial proposition pricing recommendations within F&R framework, approved by pricing committee; prices should be achievable, understandable, clearly tied to proposition value and also aligned to maximize overall F&R value capture.
- M&A/Partnership: Sponsor M&A pipeline development as well as partnership strategy across three of the four partner types - platform, solutions and redistribution - for approval by IC. Engage and support the accountable M&A/corporate development and partnership execution teams and act as coordinating mechanism for integration in build and operate.
- Product Management
- Go-to-market organisation
- Partnership team
- Related proposition teams (including Risk Managed Services)
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- The individual would be expected to be an industry expert, with a full understanding of the KYC/AML market and Thomson Reuters’ competitors.
- A detailed knowledge of KYC software.
- A working knowledge of financial firms who are existing or potential clients.
- Proven ability to operate in a complex matrix environment through influence.
- Able to successfully navigate a large, global organisation.
- Resilient, able to adapt to change and implement changes rapidly; always seeking continuous innovation and improvement.
- Exceptional ability to rank strategic and operational choices — willing and able to be hands-on and hard working.
- Superior organisational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to establish and build trust with key stakeholders throughout the business as a leader, an advisor and a business partner to the organisation with a clear customer orientation.
- A strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Significant energy and ability to function in an intense environment demonstrating initiative and operating with an “owner-minded” attitude
- A results driven manner, determined to achieve agreed goals, demonstrating significant decision making capacity.
- Ability to conceptualise aspects of the organisation’s model and its future development.
- An engaging, open, genuine personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to persuade.
- Strong value system and sense of ethics.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Presenting and postioning solutions to clients, e. g. business consulting
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Understanding of data privacy laws
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.