Senior Oil Analyst
Financial & Risk
Product or Service:
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Support and lead development of dirty and clean trade flows analytics, including model development, assessment and forecasts of flows and arbitrage trade, and benchmarking
• Manage and/or execute projects on Oil Trade Flows and Refinery Margin Model with full accountability for quality and timeliness
• Building data analytics tools for Oil Research team, connecting with analytical and forecasting reports
• Develop and maintain core analytical and technical Eikon products and research reports
• Communicate results in reports, presentations, and client calls
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in the oil markets (or a relevant advanced degree and three years' experience) with specialist knowledge of oil market supply chain especially in midstream and/or downstream
• Strong grounding in statistics with proficiency in one or more environments for statistical and numerical modeling
• Knowledge of Matlab (preferred) and/or R
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Demonstrated ability to conduct, analyze, and report primary research
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Oil research products would be desirable
• Knowledge of analytics visual tools like Power BI
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.