Do you love business and technology? Consider a summer with our Software Development Team as a Tax Business Systems Analyst intern. Located in Carrollton, Texas just outside of Dallas, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting offers an exciting opportunity to combine your business or accounting background with the fast-paced world of a top-tier technology company.
Our company is full of Taxologists—tax professionals who apply technology to enhance the tax compliance process for practicing tax preparers. They didn’t start as experts, though, and we won’t expect that of you, either—which is why this internship will provide you with significant exposure to:
▪ Understanding complex Federal & State tax topics
▪ Maintaining an understanding of GoSystem Tax RS, its development platform, and Windows
▪ Defining & designing Federal & State projects
▪ Coordinating and collaborating with colleagues, other departments, and taxing agencies
▪ Reviewing and correcting projects for accuracy
▪ Working with customers to resolve issues
▪ Open to all majors, but students with a background in business, accounting and technology are preferred
▪ Outstanding oral and written communication skills
▪ A desire to learn and develop business software
▪ Ability to work and react independently
▪ PLUSES: 1040, 1120, or 1065 tax return preparation experience; and/or CPA, CPA candidate, or EA
We offer a collaborative and casual work environment which encourages our team members to be innovative and take less traditional approaches to solving the needs of both public and private accountants around the world.
▪ This full time, paid internship runs approximately from May 21—August 10, 2018
▪ All Thomson Reuter’s interns meet regularly for professional development and social/fun activities
▪ Interns are encouraged to apply their classroom learning to solving real-world problems
▪ The learning curve is steep, and the pace is fast, but the Thomson Reuters culture is supportive, friendly and team-oriented
▪ Many of our interns go on to full-time positions. The opportunities are as great as your ambition!
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.