Lead the global sales function for the growing ONESOURCE Global Trade Management software business (GTM) of Tax & Accounting. Global Trade Management software is a growing and critical need for businesses around the world to support import, export, and trade compliance requirements. This is a b2b software and solution sale including professional services and third party partner coordination.
The successful candidate will be accountable for achieving overall sales targets for GTM, managing a direct sales force, coordinating and partnering with global sales teams, and engaging partners in the marketplace. Reporting to the Managing Director for the GTM business, the Global Head of Sales will be part of the GTM leadership team and the ONESOURCE sales leadership team. This person will work collaboratively with functional management teams (such as marketing, product management) and other internal stakeholder groups in order to ensure the business meets its sales targets.
Provides direct leadership and oversight for the U.S. and Europe-based sales and business development team, as well as a pre-sales team. Partners with other product line sales leaders to identify cross-sell opportunities and provides guidance to sales teams in Asia and Latin America.
Sales Execution & Performance
- Achieve or exceed annual organizational sales targets
- Create and sustain a sales performance culture that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (employees, customers, shareholders)
- Establish and maintain robust forecasting and pipeline tools and performance measures to drive strong sales execution
- Implement Thomson Reuters standards and best practices while innovating to win in the marketplace
- Participate in creation of compensation structures for sales team
- Develop new sales channels, including partners and inside sales, to penetrate new markets
Leadership & Collaboration
- Provide strong leadership and management of the US and Europe-based sales team
- Hands on engagement for large complex deals, setting sales strategy, value proposition, and competitive differentiation
- Work in partnership with local sales leaders to further develop a global selling methodology and processes to accelerate GTM sales around the world, especially in Asia
- Coordinate multi-country selling opportunities between members of multiple selling teams, including those outside of direct reporting lines
- Set a clear direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times
- Partner with Sales Heads across Tax & Accounting and Thomson Reuters to identify areas of collaboration and leverage cross-sell opportunities
- Work in partnership with the TRTA central functions including Sales Operations and Marketing to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution
Build and engage strong teams
- Attract, retain and develop high-level talent, including creative and proactive recruiting and strong partnership with HR and talent acquisition
- Ensure timely delivery and completion of training and development programs in line with Thomson Reuters sales excellence program
- Hold sales team accountable for individual results and actively manage poor performance
- Provide coaching to sales team
- Harmonize the responsibility and activity of the various teams for best results. Foster successful collaborative relationship among pre-sales, sales and Product, Professional Services and Customer Support teams
- At least 10 years successful leadership of sales groups, ideally in a software solution-selling environment
- ERP experience or similar experience with complex financial/supply chain applications a plus (Oracle, SAP)
- Required ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including globally
- Proficient in understanding highly complex sales compensation structures and an ability to align sales goals with sales compensation framework
- Demonstrated success in driving innovation and challenging the status quo
- Unwavering focus and understanding of customer needs and industry trends
- Excellent communication, presentation and client management skills along with a strong ability to sell new ideas to high level stakeholders
- Metrics-driven sales experience with a strong ability to motivate global teams
- Experience working and influencing across complex, global organizations to achieve results
- Experience managing using Salesforce.com, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- BS/BA required, MS / MBA a plus
- This position may require up to 50% travel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America