The Director, Product Management is a key member of the legal practice management enterprise software team primarily charged with conceptualizing and delivering products and features to make law firm operations efficient and productive.
The Director, Product Management will work closely with customers, marketing, sales and technology partners to define and communicate product roadmaps, drive agile methodology to deliver features, and secure new revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to develop the vision, roadmap, design, and feature set for case management, time and expense, invoice and financial accounting products.
- Devise business plan for budgetary approval and product roadmaps. Drive innovation and differentiation across group propositions, product, or service to address current and future client needs
- Demonstrate expertise on building global enterprise SaaS platform leveraging other Thomson Reuters offerings.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into themes for the roadmap, and work with technology to create Epics to describe the work required
- Coordinate requirement definition, validation and acceptance with multiple product managers, content owners and engineering organizations across Thomson Reuters.
- Own the registry product backlog, including prioritizing and grooming Themes and Epics with the project team to ensure they have clear descriptions, success criteria and business value
- Partner with Customer service to manage customer onboarding, setup, administration and support
- Develop and track schedules, budgets, resource plans, communications, risk registers, and issue logs.
- Provide leadership for critical initiatives and direction to the project/program resources
- Host regular product forums with users to discuss progress on the roadmap. Evangelize the products and features.
- Provide ongoing support of product and features enhancements after go-live deployments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 10+ years of product management experience in information technology markets, managing enterprise-class offerings globally in a fast paced, high-growth environment.
- 5+ years of product management and development experience in enterprise software products. Experience with products for small and mid-size businesses is a plus.
- 3+ years working in an Agile work environment with demonstrated proficiency in Agile software development, including writing success criteria and managing a backlog
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand business needs and problems, and use their analysis and communication expertise to help address them
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to interact with management at all levels of the organization
- Experience engaging with stakeholders at all levels, managing across time zones and cultures
- Ability to successfully deliver against demanding deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to summarize and present requirements to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop and retain high-performing talent
- Ability to formulate business and product architectures and associated technologies
- Experience in developing products for Azure, AWS and related cloud technologies.
- Avid learner in technology, data, product ownership, product development topics
- Experience with TFS, JIRA as an agile management and reporting tool
- Legal, financial and productivity software experience is desired.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;London-United Kingdom