At Thomson Reuters we are taking our talent acquisition team to the next level, making improvements that will better allow us to bring in the right talent to the right role at the right time. That’s why we are looking for a Senior Manager of Talent Sourcing & Attraction to help drive our top of the funnel strategy to meet our bold hiring goals while also directly leading a team of Talent Sourcing Specialists supporting our U.S. and Canada recruiting teams.
If this opportunity sounds compelling, we invite you to bring your skills and passion to this exciting position!
In this highly visible position, you will lead our talent sourcing team to identify, attract and deliver high-quality candidates in various strategic areas of our organization, in deep partnership with our talent acquisition teams. An initial focus of this role is to evolve our existing centralized sourcing model to support the most critical positions of today and in the future.
You and your team will use strategic sourcing methodologies, competitive intelligence, social networks, talent marketing and innovative sourcing tools to build pipelines of both active and passive candidates in support of strategic objectives. This position encompasses all aspects of candidate generation and qualification to include partnering with recruiters on developing sourcing strategies for priority roles, building and managing candidate pipelines, and proactively identifying and seeking out the best channels across different business units and locations to get results.
As the recognized sourcing experts, you and your team will be responsible for continually researching, evaluating and educating the organization on sourcing methodologies, candidate engagement, social media, metrics, technologies and tools.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of U.S. Talent Acquisition and will be a key member of the talent acquisition leadership team.
- Strategy & Planning: evolve our U.S. talent sourcing model and team design, including development of the sourcing function’s strategic vision and goals, ensuring alignment to talent priorities across the organization.
- Internal Partnership: build positive and effective partnerships with recruiting teams and other partners, which includes consistent and thorough communication on candidates, search activity and status. Collaborate on optimal approaches to strengthen candidate pools, developing annual sourcing strategies, implementing diversity initiatives, and prioritizing roles across business units.
- Team Leadership: attract, supervise, develop and retain a group of Talent Souring Specialists by creating an environment that provides direction, continuous learning and development, and commitment to a shared vision and values. Provide candid, timely feedback to all team members.
- Candidate Management: develop comprehensive networks/communities and talent pipelines within designated niches or functional specialties, and engage passive talent around open requisitions.
- Innovation & Competitive Intelligence: provide talent market insights, competitive intelligence and demographic data to address hiring needs and enhance proactive forecasting and workforce plans. Continually research and recommend innovative sourcing tools and methods, while driving usage of existing tools and company CRM.
- Operational Excellence: evaluate, improve and redefine the systems that help secure the most coveted leaders and thinkers in our industry. Develop and analyze key analytics focused on souring effectiveness and efficiency. Ensure team consistently meets or exceeds metrics and delivers on desired outcomes.
- Focus on Diversity Hiring: create and implement specific actions to ensure your team helps Thomson Reuters increase the diversity of candidate slates, in partnership with recruiting teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in the sourcing and recruitment field within a professional search and selection agency or within an in-house corporate recruitment environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Marketing, Human Resources or related area
- Demonstrated success in building out or leading teams, providing them with direction and inspiring them to high performance and great results
- Deep knowledge of sourcing and research methodologies including online tools, job boards, social networks and pipeline development; experience developing and executing recruitment marketing campaigns is a plus
- Demonstrable experience building and managing candidate pipelines; using CRM and other technology to support efforts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends to articulate a story, influence decisions and drive solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and build solid internal and external relationships
- Strong customer and labor market focus and the ability to translate this into a targeted approach
- Self-starter who is proactive, demonstrates a sense of urgency and continually drives for results
- High energy with a passion for creating innovative solutions and sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated success collaborating, partnering, negotiating and influencing at all levels and across all functions of a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to recognize the root cause of issues and proactively develop solutions
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize work and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail
- High tolerance for continuously evolving needs and enthusiasm for continuous process improvement
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America