The attorney editor in this Core Editorial position will gain improved understanding of the business objectives and editorial processes for know-how products including Practical Law, Practice Point, and Contract Express. The attorney editor will learn to use a variety of editorial tools, and develop or expand skill sets including writing and editing, statutory and case-law research, and diverse subject-matter exposure.
- Work with editors from various services to maintain checklists, practice notes, standard clauses, or standard documents.
- Provide substantive editorial expertise for additional tasks and projects across Editorial
- Perform annual maintenance̽ on Practical Law resources to reflect recent legal developments.
- Edit content into Practical Law's house style and plain English.
- Support team operations and perform analyses using editorial tools such as ACT.
- Work on projects related to Practice Point, Contract Express, and other product development initiatives.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
- Improve Practical Law resources by approaching them using a customer/user experience lens.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ensure the consistently superior quality of all content produced
- Maintain and manage internal processes, databases, and folders.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- A J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school and at least two year's experience working as an attorney in a law firm, in-house, or other legal practice setting.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including:
- close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Knowledge of Practical Law style is a plus.
- Experience with both Thomson Reuters editorial processes, tools, platforms (including ACT) and operations preferred.
- Experience in Legal editorial roles desired.
- Prior experience with know how preferred.
- Candidates selected to advance will be required to submit a writing sample.
Individual and Leadership Development:
- Participate in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation)
- Develop knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal products and those of competitors
- Develop competence on company-specific systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America