Major Areas of Accountability:
- Support development of customer focused growth strategies and business plans
- Independently structure, manage, and execute strategic projects, such as research, market validation, and opportunity analysis
- Analyze and interpret market trends as well as financial, customer, and product data to identify opportunities to drive incremental sales and revenue
- Perform and manage complex, data-driven analyses to evaluate new opportunities, drive product development/enhancement prioritization, and inform go-to-market decisions
- Translate customer and market insights into actionable strategies
- Support business case development, partnering closely with segment leadership, Product Management, and Finance
- Support evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or partnerships
- Take a lead role in problem solving and developing recommendations to key business issues
- Present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Develop compelling, well-structured storylines, recommendations, and presentations that drive others to action
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of full-time work experience, with business strategy experience preferred (e.g. corporate strategy, product management, consulting, strategic marketing)
- 2+ years of directly managing business, customer, or product strategy projects
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated business acumen: understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization
- Proven ability to build relationships and to influence individuals to action at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and summarize for a broad audience of executives, professionals, and field representatives
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on high priority asks within tight deadlines
- Proactive, drives for results, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Thomson Reuters products, Government, investigations, and/or legal industry a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;McLean-Virginia-United States of America