Job Description Summary:
Responsible for educating staff on business products and processes in order to drive sales performance, increase job capabilities and knowledge base. Serves as a sales process and training expert, creating curriculum, certifications, lesson plans, participant guides, and all types of training-related documentation. The knowledge of and the ability to train on products, services and the operations processes are critical. Designing and implementing training initiatives and strategies while staying current in effective training techniques and, being involved with special projects, and project teams, as appropriate.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Understands the criticality of high-impact training in order to develop effective training programs.
• Facilitates, coordinates and creates the training content for both new hire and experienced employees. The training is designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities, sales performance, and achievement of revenue/retention goals.
• Strong understanding and utilization of current training and development techniques and practices as they relate to needs assessment, program development and evaluation techniques.
• Delivers training to sales employees using classroom, live online, elearning, and on-the-job experiences.
• Develops and delivers on-going training programs to ensure sales employees are kept current on all products and competitive developments
• Exemplifies great presentation skills and has the ability to develop multiple training curriculums in order to address a diverse learner base.
• Maintains relationships with key managers and subject matter experts from across the business to gather needed materials and content.
• Understanding of Legal business and practice in order to create the appropriate training programs to meet customer needs
• Strong leadership and presentation skills
• Overall responsibility for onboarding new employees especially in field sales, inside sales, and account management roles.
• Develops curriculum including certification for new products, creating/managing continuing education courses, and other material related to onboarding as well as product launches to reduce employee ramp-up time and deliver on sales goals.
• Acts as a resource for product questions from sales and account management teams.
• Develops and facilitates ‘boot camps’ as needed to drive product knowledge and sales process.
• Provides sales training, as requested by District Directors and Regional Field Managers
• Collaborates and develops strong business relationships with Marketing, New Product Development, Operations, other Training team members and business stakeholders to create training programs to drive sales performance.
• Develops and implements proper evaluation/certification processes to determine level of effectiveness of training.
• Participates in field rides with new hires to observe skills for the job and mentor. Responsible for communicating with Management on progress of new hires from field rides and initial training process
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of training or related experience
• Knowledge of Legal business preferred
• Previous sales experience or sales training desired
• Effectively use a range of current and future technologies to work effectively and deliver on business goals
• Sound understanding of our offerings in the marketplace or aptitude to learn quickly. The ability to understand the business context in which the company operates; this includes understanding the company's and competitor's offerings
• Ability to communicate effectively face to face, in videoconference and in telephone conversations
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing; including the ability to present information, ideas and strategies in writing in ways that facilitate understanding
• Effectively manage projects in order to achieve intended outcomes within allocated timescale and resources
• Ability to lead by influencing others
• Experience developing training curriculum and implementation of programs
• Experience with or understanding of litigation and discovery process; knowledge of or experience with e-discovery industry/market solutions is a plus
• Knowledge of legal process outsourcing
• Excellent writing, presentation and overall communication skills
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Excellent group/team leadership skills
• Complete understanding of the principles of adult learning
• Travel 15% of the time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.