Job Description Summary
Inside based position up-selling and cross-selling Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Professional products including GoFileRoom, AdvanceFlow, GoSystem Tax and the entire CS Professional Suite of products to primarily existing clients.
- Primary responsibility of being the Enterprise Account Executive backup providing clients’ immediate assistance when the AE is traveling or unavailable.
- Primary responsibility of selling “add-on” products and services (items not identified as a major product, i.e. additional users, states, payroll client bundles)
- Primary responsibility of coordination of firm wide training and consulting (i.e. on-site training, regional classroom training, tele-training, on-demand or web-training)
- Coordinate transition from legacy programs to next generation so enterprise account managers can focus on new organic growth
- Coordinate all inquiries involving incoming administrative requests, renewals, AR questions and disputes
- Update firm information in FLASH database (i.e. duplicates, incorrect information, update product profile information, etc.)
- Manage and perform calling campaigns relating specifically to enterprise accounts that maximize revenue
- Facilitate license transfers, account merges, and archives
- Report renewal revenue losses in systems and to customer service when discovered
- Work closely with sales, customer service, and technical support to ensure all issues reach final resolution
- Assist follow-up post sales calls for firms with multiple locations
- Assist in facilitation of implementation of new products/services
- Knowledge of CS Professional Suite that is typically developed with 1-2 years of experience in Sales, Customer Service or Product Support preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a "sales oriented" attitude with the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America