Headline News Reporter - AGS
You and your team:
Reuters, the world's top news agency, is seeking a German speaking candidate to join its real-time news operation in Gdynia. The reporter will work in a fast-paced, international environment and get to produce headlines and write short stories in English with a strong focus on the Austria, Germany and Swiss stock markets.
Why is this job important?
Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use subscription-based Reuters Eikon terminal to get fast & accurate information to base their investment decision. Your stories for Reuters will also be seen on Reuters.com and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
In your role you will be responsible for:
• Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
• Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from local language into English
• Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
Qualifications - What do you need to bring?
• Fluency in German and English
• Strong translation skills: English→German and German→English
• Knowledge of any other European language will be an advantage
• Strong news judgment
• Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
• A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
• Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
• Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
• An ability to work under time pressure
• Willingness to undertake shifts
Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
• Intensive training package
• Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
• Company social incentives
• High standards of ethics in the workplace
• Networking opportunities
• 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.