Are you passionate about fixing complex technical issues? Does working in rapidly changing environment excite you? Does working as part of a global team interest you?
We’re interested in working with you. Thomson Reuters is looking for a WAN Network Engineer to join our Second Level Support team to ensure our global data center estate remains world-class.
You will be responsible for monitoring and running the Thomson Reuters Proprietary Core and all internal wide area networks that are used to provide connectivity to TR data centers, hosting and local client’s delivery connectivity for both legacy and next generation networks. You'll be part of 24 by 7 follow up the support model for all WAN related issues post triage from our first level support team.
- Rapid response on-call and day-to-day incident management, providing prompt and quick resolutions
- Management and maintenance of the Core Backbone, Internet and customer connectivity
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors in order to utilise troubleshooting tools that can improve the incident resolution times
- Assist in design reviews and subsequent deployment and project work
- Craft support and training documentation to be presented to the front line support and internal customers
- Understanding client needs by influencing design and tools to improve Product delivery latency and reliability.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers to improve operational time to resolution and improve external customer satisfaction.
- Run strategic analysis and audits on the network estate based on current TR architectural standards.
- Interact and prioritize customer needs utilising ITIL processes and interacting with problem management and regional service managers.
- Build Technical work instructions to improve performance and enhanced troubleshooting.
- Implement network changes based on the risk and impact analysis following standard processes
- Evaluation of current hardware and software in the network to detect potential failures and fault avoidance
- Represent the second level support team during post incident reviews and communicate to internal customers and management on the outcomes
- Work remotely with teams globally
- 4 years networking experience in support of high availability / reliability networks with hands on experience of Cisco (CRS, ASR, 7600 Series) – Ios and IOS XR, Juniper, Arista and Simena
- 3 years experience of advanced analytics and troubleshooting in high pressure environment, working with real time data delivery liaising with front line support
- 2 years experience of using design, modeling and troubleshooting products e.g. Netbrain, Netcool, Opnet, Splunk and HPNA as well as packet capture and analysis products e.g. Noction IRP, Internap FCP, Gigastore, Wireshark, Corvill and Accedian
- 2 year experience in LAN environments including firewalls technology (e.g. Cisco PIX, Checkpoint), understanding of spanning tree protocol and Cisco/Juniper technical knowledge
- 1 years experience of Unix
- 1 year of experience in product documentation
- Familiarity with ticketing systems e.g. ServiceNow and ITIL processes
- CCIE Certification or equivalent preferred
- CCNP (or equivalent) Certification preferred
- CCNA Certification preferred
- ITIL v3 certification preferred
- JNCIA certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America