Thomson Reuter’s Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is seeking an exceptional business unit liaison manager to support the Transactions and Real Time services and the business enabling groups. The manager is responsible for partnering with the business to define and implement an effective, regulatory compliant Information Security strategy that supports the businesses goals and objectives.
The role is part of the Financial & Risk (F&R) Business Leads team. This team is the liaison between the ISRM function and the F&R business unit. This role requires significant knowledge in both IT Security and the relevant business unit activities and operations.
This individual will have a strong information security background and have a good understanding of Customer, Regulatory and Business requirements. The candidate must be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a complex global organisation and be able to effectively interact with a global team. Strong coordination skills are essential due to the multiple stakeholders that this role partners with, these groups include product management, architecture, development, service delivery, shared security services, compliance and customer relationship management teams. The candidate must also have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across all tiers of the organization from technologists to the executive leadership.
• ISRM Relationship management with Transactions, and Real Time Groups
• Establishes clear priorities and executes strategies for successful fulfillment of information security related projects with specific focus on their costs, benefits, and alignment with long-term strategies and resources
• Identifies opportunities and long-range security and risk improvement strategies within the business unit reports on progress for mutual success
• Manages third party audit and certifications of product offerings, and regulatory compliance reporting
• Management Reporting - Production of business unit scorecards to report compliance and risk metrics to drive change
• Vulnerability Management - Governance of Pen Testing, Systems and Application Assurance, Application Certification and Education and Awareness programs and work with the business to close security vulnerabilities found in products and services
• Coordinating customer assurance queries with the central ISRM team
• Drives Service Level Agreements as needed
• In addition to the primary responsibilities, the role would be involved in F&R wide initiatives that cover the strategic goals of ISRM, including participation in the ExCom actions initiatives and ad-hoc support for other BUs when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related area or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on information security, infrastructure services, portfolio management or business systems.
• Strong, executive level oral and written communication skills with ability to understand technology sufficiently to clearly communicate the complexity in simple terms for key stakeholders
• Demonstrated success managing multiple, complex technology projects and leading project teams with a record of high customer satisfaction
• Results orientation with proven ability to mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams to implement creative out of the box solutions
• Strong bias toward customer service and improving the overall customer experience
• Strong business acumen, leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organization, most importantly at the senior executive level
• Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to manage and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
• Regular travel into London offices and some global travel is required for this position to build and maintain relationships and address critical support needs. Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, occasionally on short notice
• Well versed in information security industry best practices and industry wide information security frameworks including ISO 27001/2, NIST
• CISSP, CISA, CRISC or CISM certification a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.