Position Title: Sales Specialist – Software Solutions
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
This is a new business role focusing on selling Thomson Reuters legal software solutions into corporates and law firms across the UK and Europe. The role will initially focus on prospecting and closing new strategic clients working alongside the relevant relationship managers where appropriate. The role will be based in London with the requirement for significant UK travel as required to support larger sales opportunities and attend conferences and events.
We are recruiting for sales specialists for both the corporate and law firms.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new Legal Tracker & Contract Express software and services sales opportunities with prospects working in collaboration with the account management teams across Thomson Reuters
- The incumbent of this role will engage effectively with CX level contacts in order to demonstrate the and sell the value and benefits of the solution within corporate in house legal departments
- Manage complex sales-cycles and present to Managing Partners, Legal Operations Directors, General Counsel, IT Sourcing and C-level executives the value of the solutions
- Interface at all levels of the target organisations, including IT architects, IT security, Procurement and senior executives
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams, with senior management and corporate counsel, through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- Work with the wider solutions team (Customer Success and Professional Services) in order to deliver compelling client centric presentations and demonstrations
- Working collaboratively with the wider team to manage response to tenders/RFI’s and ensue resource is marshalled accordingly
- Work with the technical delivery team to ensure solutions are delivered to client’s expectations
- Work in CRM environment throughout deal progression and achieve KPI targets to build a robust sales pipeline in order to achieve new business sales growth in line with set objectives and targets
- Provide timely and accurate forecast to the exec on a weekly / monthly basis
- Must be capable of traveling throughout the EMEA region to support/drive sales process and activity
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable track record of consistent over achievement in past sales roles and at least 8 years’ experience successfully selling complex SaaS software solutions and closing multiyear deals in excess of $500k
- Extensive solutions sales experience utilising methods such as Miller Heiman, TAS, SPIN,
- Excellent consultative sales skills in defining need analysis, qualification and presenting value proposition to potential clients
- Strong presentation skills; both face to face and remotely
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office & Outlook
- Experience and success working in targeted and KPI driven sales environment
- Proficient in all elements of sales process across client acquisition utilising CRM (Salesforce.com) track and manage pipeline
- Excellent opportunity qualification, client needs analysis and negotiation skills
- Strong Technical capability with the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of document automation solutions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, in harmony with Account Managers who own customer relationships and other stakeholders in the business
- Legal operations / e-billing / matter management / document automation sales experience is highly desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.