In today’s complex regulatory environment tax and accounting professionals struggle to keep up with change. Our Knowledge Solutions is a business unit provides research and software solutions that allow these tax & accounting professionals to make decisions that shape their business reputation and financial strategies and do their job in a more meaningful and efficient manner. In this role, you will be selling industry leading software solutions including Checkpoint, Checkpoint Tools, Checkpoint Learning, and SMART Practice Aids. These tools provide best in class information delivered through unparalleled technology and tools. This role is a work from home remote position.
Thomson Reuters offers an excellent compensation and benefits, which includes:
- Competitive base salary and commission structure
- Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k dollar for dollar matching up to 4% of base salary
- Generous profit sharing program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating the activities of a region (sales team of usually 8-10 Account Managers). An Area Sales Manager is responsible for the management of the region and its assigned functions, including; new sales and customer retention, forecasts, market intelligence, territory development, recruiting, onboarding and training. This position will report to the Director of Field Sales.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to hit and exceed your region’s assigned quota, both monthly and annual.
- Grow your region’s territory value through the combination of your new sales and your efforts to retain existing business
- Be involved in the interviewing and hiring of your Account Managers as positions open up.
- After you hire a new Account Manager, onboard and assist in their training by spending time over the phone and in person modeling the job.
- Deliver coaching on both sales skills and product knowledge through extensive field days with all of your Account Managers.
- Go on appointments with your Account Managers to meet with clients and assist your reps with maintaining relationships and closing deals.
- Give official performance reviews of your Account Managers.
- Make certain your region teams appropriately and effectively with our inside sales partners in accordance with business goals and directives while still securing the bulk of their sales (70%) personally.
- Collaborate with other divisions within TR Tax & Accounting help advance the overall business.
- Make certain your team stays within your budgetary requirements.
- Confirm that your region regularly puts their opportunities in Salesforce.
- Address/resolve any issues and complaints involving your Account Managers with each other or with customers.
- Ability to work under a quota system and past documented success of achieving/exceeding quota, especially in a high activity position.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as effectively independently or with a team.
- Effective leadership, motivational and developmental abilities.
- Experience managing/coaching sales people remotely.
- Proficiency in office automation systems such as; Excel, SalesForce, Outlook, etc
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to both travel and work extra hours.
- Familiarity with working out of a home office.
- Knowledge of the tax and accounting market is helpful but not required.
- Bachelor's degree is a must. Prefer a minimum of five years of experience in direct field sales related work. Prior sales management experience is also preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America;McLean-Virginia-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America