Manager, People Function
The HR Associate is responsible for providing HR administrative support primarily in relation to reference requests, work experience, fixed term contracts ending and gym subsidies for all employees via email and/or phone channels. He/she also assists with providing operational/administrative generalist support to employees for a small portfolio of clients. His/her knowledge of all core HR related topics impacting the employee life cycle will be key to deliver a fast and accurate level of service to employees. He/she may support some UKI projects or contribute to local UKI initiatives aimed at improving our Service Delivery function if and when required.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provides a high level of customer service at all times
- Drafts all Reference Letters, e.g. Employment Verification, Mortgage/ tenancy, Business Invitation Visitor/ ILR visa, ex-employee, etc.
- Processes sports club subsidies and responds to queries on this benefit
- Reports on and manages fixed term contracts that are ending (ensuring the employee being terminated or extended in the HR System Workday and the associated paperwork is produced)
- Processes Paternity Leave requests, ensuring Workday is correctly updated and forms are properly completed.
- Produces Educational Sponsorship letters, once the relevant form has been completed and ensures files are updated.
- Delegates Workday tasks to the team and manages progress on the outstanding actions
- Manages the HR Inbox queries and delegates to the team
- Completes daily benefit enrolment audits and processes ad hoc benefit and pension changes
- Is responsible for administrative activities as part of the employee life-cycle including producing all documentation (e.g. new hires, leavers, transfers, promotions etc and coordinates with relevant stakeholders to ensure proper execution of all associated tasks)
- Manages leave of absence processes. This includes maternity/shared parental leave and as well as other types of long-term absences (e.g. sickness, sabbatical, unpaid)
- Is responsible for processing agreed flexible working applications in line with policy
- Liaises and partners closely with our Payroll team to ensure changes are effected in a timely manner and in line with payroll deadlines
- Provides support to the HR Partner team during Employee Relations meetings by taking meeting notes whenever Senior Associates/Advisors do not have capacity
- Is responsible for filing into HR employee files and ensuring continued compliance in line with Data Protection legislation
- Ensures HR system data is accurate and updated in a timely manner
ROLE METRICS/KEY DELIVERABLES
- Responds to all requests submitted via the phone/email and process any documentation in accordance with service level agreements
- Answers all calls within his/her role remit in a timely fashion, escalating or handing off to other experts within the agreed timeline
- Achieves customer service feedback targets in relation to regular customer surveys
- Drives process/procedure improvements year on year by being able to demonstrate savings in time or an enhanced customer experience and by encouraging others to do so
Education, Experience, and Requirements
- Business, HR, or relevant university degree desirable, but this is not essential
- Ideally some experience of working in an HR Shared Service or busy Customer service environment
- Open-mindedness and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism
- Can do attitude and ability to be flexible and support others within the team to jointly deliver the best in class service
- Does not work in isolation from colleagues and uses best practice from elsewhere
- Is also comfortable working autonomously, using initiative to deliver overall objectives.
- Basic knowledge of all benefits related queries (e.g. heath insurance, travel insurance, gym subsidy etc…)
- Has basic knowledge of local policies and procedures
- Is able to question people effectively, identify and evaluate risks, know when to seek guidance or escalate to others and take appropriate action to minimise issues
- Has an eye for detail and follows the rules. Understands where the consequences for the Company could be serious and escalates those matters for further assistance prior to the problem becoming serious
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload as well as helping others to do so
- Able to work with employees and managers, other HR professionals to find appropriate solutions/responses to queries
- Agility, comfortable with change
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and regularly at all levels, adapting style according to the situation
- Good data input/computer skills with intermediate skills in Word and Excel
- Customer-centric mindset
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.