Practical Law Australia has an opportunity for a junior or mid lawyer to join its business. Working within the established global enterprise of Thomson Reuters, you will have a key role in supporting the development of this leading knowledge platform. The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to consistently demonstrate:
- A high level of technical competence in legal practice, with a commitment to remaining up to date with legal developments.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely explain complex legal concepts and information.
- Effectiveness at building relationships within Thomson Reuters, particularly within Practical Law.
- An interest in the evolving impact of technology on the legal industry, and the potential for utilising technological innovations to create value for law firms and in-house legal teams
- Content maintenance - review and maintain premium quality know-how resources in a clear, concise and understandable style, in collaboration with specialist writing teams. These resources include practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes.
- Content creation support – research, draft and edit resources including, in addition to those listed above, current awareness legal updates on legal, market and practice developments.
- Quality Assurance – Ensure content is legally correct and consistent in style and presentation, including by proof reading and copy editing resources and by using existing technology platforms to build reference links within and between resources.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with a current practicing certificate.
- Minimum 2 years PQE gained either in a law firm environment or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience in at least two of the following practice areas: Employment, Corporate, Commercial, Competition and Consumer Protection, Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance and Commercial Real Estate.
- Experience in drafting of contracts and other instruments.
- Good understanding of the current and evolving needs and priorities of law firms, in-house counsel and the Australian legal market.
- Superior drafting skills, excellent command of grammar and style, and the ability to write clearly and concisely on complex legal issues.
- Superior research skills and legal reasoning abilities, and familiarity with legal technology platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise while working in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for building and fostering relationships with a range of diverse clients.
- The ability to work as part of a team and act with urgency to deliver on deadlines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia