Position Title: Lead Software Developer
Business Unit: Legal Enterprise Solutions
Product or Service: Workspace & Elite Integration Framework
- An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Microsoft .Net Software Developer to work on all aspects of software solutions used by multiple teams within the Thomson Reuters Elite, Legal division.
- The successful candidate will lead team members within a dynamic and innovative development team using the latest Microsoft tools and technologies to provide solutions to the legal Industry.
- Based within the London, Canada Square, Office you will be leading the teams delivering web and mobile solutions.
- The successful applicant will be working within an Agile team located locally and in remote locations following a scrum based methodology.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead the team designing and developing technology and applications using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Design and develop the services layer across multiple products.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
- Perform in a team-lead role effectively managing multiple priorities for a team of software developers.
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes.
- Perform mentoring and peer reviews.
- Responsible for designing and implementing applications based on a varying degree of functional specifications.
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- In conjunction with team architects and business analysts understand high-level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs and architectures.
- Work with other teams effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn existing products that you will be required to interface with.
- Leading developers on site and in remote locations and also the architects and product managers on the analysis, design and delivery of new features.
- Attend occasional customer meetings when necessary and interface with partners.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Above all you must be passionate about working within the Microsoft technology space as within the team there is back-end services development using WCF and restful services and at the front end Xamarin and modern web interfaces using AngularJS.
- Experience with the C# programming language & software engineering methodologies.
- General understanding of software development quality processes and unit testing.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the team, including upward communication of work status e.g. to delivery managers.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience with other languages and technologies advantageous but not essential.
- Familiarity with the legal industry would be helpful but not essential.
- Familiarity with cloud-based development particularly Microsoft Azure an advantage.
- BS computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Proven Experience of enterprise software development experience using the .Net platform.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.