We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer in Culver City (near LAX). As a Lead Software Engineer at Thomson Reuters, you will lead a technical team and various projects for the group as well as design, develop, and troubleshoot software for Thomson Reuters next generation of legal accounting software development platform and applications. These Web-based products are developed using state of the art technologies including Angular, Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, and XML technologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will take ownership of the software throughout the entire development process. The ideal candidate will possess past leadership/mentoring experience, broad technology background/experience, strong analytic problem-solving skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be self-motivated and deliver on commitments within the established timelines.
- Interpret software requirements to design and implement software as defined by product management and agile team.
- Gain a complete understanding of the development framework and guidelines and apply to daily software development.
- Translate software design into measureable task and time estimates. Track time against those tasks on a weekly basis
- Seek innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations for implementations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with developers in various office locations
- Provides technical mentorship, coaching and training to junior members
- Identify areas of improvement, deliver full-cycle implementations.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that all product development is produced according to product requirements.
- Provide tracking, investigation and resolution of issues escalated from the support department.
- BS/BA degree in one of: Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration is required.
- 10+ years’ experience of total software development for complex business applications.
- 10+ years of full life-cycle software development and test-driven development
- 3+ years of AngularJS and Angular experience
- Experience in .NET technologies including .NET Core
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience with TFS, GIT
- Experience with Cloud / Azure solutions.
- Object-oriented design and implementation experience.
- Experience with XML, Json and related technologies.
- Experience with code analysis tools.
- Experience with framework development and continuous integration
- Experience in designing and analyzing a Framework (Integrated development environment) for interaction and user experience
- Provide presentations to delivery team and product owner on solution design and architecture
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems independently and to generate innovative solutions.
- History of meeting or exceeding deadlines in uncertain environments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated eagerness to obtain domain knowledge in order to effectively leverage technical qualifications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Agile experience
- Perform analysis with respect to integration with various applications
- Create technical specification documents and recommend solution
- Participate in analysis of issues and requests, assign issues to team members, track fixing of issues
- Lead a team through couple of release cycles.
- Managing CI, branches, build and release processes.
- Data analysis, database design, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with LESS or Sass
- Experience with Silverlight
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Culver City-California-United States of America