Summary: Overall accountability for providing strategic support and innovative solutions with respect to defining and upholding data governance standards across the global landscape. The primary responsibility is to assist in the continuous improvement of obtaining, retaining and maintaining SAP master data in the most efficient and accurate manner; primary focus is on materials and pricing. The Senior Business Analyst uses understanding of the organization and relationships within the organization to make decisions that impact department or workgroup. Additional responsibilities include aligning existing systems and processes to updated/new systems.
- Providing advanced level support implementing and managing master data governance processes and operations
- Analyzing master data across multiple systems while maintaining global standards and governance processes
- Monitoring to ensure data quality is upheld by performing and reporting on periodic audits and data integrity checks
- Serving as a subject matter expert on SAP topics or initiatives requiring expertise on enterprise master data standards, policies and processes
- Measuring data quality and process effectiveness
- Responsibility for own work and may be accountable for junior members of the team
- Taking a lead role in implementing large and/or complex master data projects
- Actively contributing to the results of a team and working towards achieving team goals and objectives
- Identifying problems, researching alternatives, preparing presentations, driving solutions, testing to confirm results, gaining consensus, and implementing solutions for defined business processes
- Partnering with the business to perform root cause analysis of process and system problems and driving resolution
- Creating documentation of business processes and standard operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration or business related field (master’s degree preferred)
- 2-5 years experience with SAP ideally in material master and 5-10 years progressive professional/technical development in a related field
- Broad business knowledge across the enterprise
- Previous experience performing business analysis, data analysis, data management, data quality management, and process improvement
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Goal/results oriented with the ability to set high goals and achieve results
- Team player with the ability to bridge the gap between technology and the business
- Can work independently with guidance or input on only the most complex situations
- Ability to make decisions regarding interpretation of considerable data, project work, refining processes and techniques used
- Organizes and brings in relevant business owners to discuss potential solutions
- Interacts with internal and external customers to communicate diverse and complex projects
- Cooperation, negotiation and consensus building skills with broad range of coworkers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical, problem management, trouble shooting skills
- Advanced analysis and data modeling skills
- Standard MS Office skills including Excel, Visio, Power Point and Access
- Knowledge of French desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America