WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
As a member of the Global Business Consulting Team (“GBC”) you will contribute to a team which provides 24/7 premium level pre- and post-sales support to a wide-ranging client base (in particular Investment Banking, Asset Management, Sell-Side Research) across several Thomson Reuters applications, including Eikon Desktop and Eikon for Microsoft Office.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The Global Business Consulting Team is part of the Markets & Applications Specialists organization and helps Thomson Reuters to provide a decisive competitive advantage in the marketplace.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Provide a high quality, consistent, end-to-end customer experience (both pre & post sales) in the use and interpretation of our products and data; this includes product demonstrations and client training conducted remotely (phone & webex).
- Construction of desktop workspaces and detailed spreadsheets models that support client research and analysis activities
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Remote support responsibilities includes:
- Supporting the Consultancy phone-line
- Resolving queries from clients via chat/email
- Review sales opportunities with account managers and assigned salespeople
- Liaise with and maintain consistent dialogue with Account and Sales teams to ensure a co-ordinated approach to value-added support services, with a particular emphasis on global investment banks and investment management firms
- Provide customer feedback to management team
- Consolidate customer feedback on data and products to Business and Product owners to influence product evolution toward best meeting client needs
- Working with the technical teams to test and validate product installations
- Some travel may be required
- Occasional Weekend Coverage needed
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- 2+ years’ experience in Investment Banking (M&A, ECM or DCM), Investment Management or Equity Research
- Exceptional Excel modelling and data skills, gained from work within the financial services industry
- Excellent face to face presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relationship and consultative focus for both internal and external customers
- Familiarity with performance measurement
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject (Business or Finance)
- Preference for post-graduate qualifications (Finance or related area including study towards MBA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CAIA)
- Humility, honesty, integrity and flexibility
- Strong work ethic, ability to work collaborate with a team of approximately 20 colleagues
- Appetite to share knowledge and skills with team-mates
- A proactive approach to supporting colleagues and/or up-skilling during quiet periods, rather than waiting for work to be assigned
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have expertise in one or more of the following platforms: Eikon, Datastream, Deals Business Intelligence, VBA, Dealogic, CapIQ, Factset, SNL Financial
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and occasional home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.