Duties include but not limited to:
- Support strategic event team activities including logistical support, reports management, and administration of essential accounts and tools.
- Manage the execution of the Tax & Accounting trade shows and customer events as assigned using the infrastructure provided.
- Coordinate brand awareness opportunities, presentations, and promotions intended to maximize company exposure and produce sales leads.
- Work with internal and external resources to ensure layout schematics for venue are in alignment with input from internal stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate current processes and procedures to maximize opportunities for cost reduction and/or increased efficiency/effectiveness.
- Review invoices and expenditures of individual events to ensure they are as agreed to and assigned to appropriate cost centers (e.g., cost of show services, vendors, booth space, shipping, equipment, etc.)
- Review event reports detailing cost, attendance, leads generated and prepare ROI evaluations of each event to influence future marketing strategic decisions.
- Work on projects as assigned by the Senior Manager, Marketing Events.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience in event planning. Trade show experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed. Should have good experience communicating with executives and clients.
- Demonstrates flexibility and problem-solving skills along with comfort for testing new ideas.
- Demonstrates ability to identify business opportunities and pitch ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related programs.
- Collaborating across boundaries
- Focusing on customers
- Thinking globally
- Driving results
- Receptive to feedback
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America