Implementation and Support Engineer
Financial and Risk
Asia Technology Operations
- This position will be responsible for day to day service operation activities namely Incident, Problem, Change & Release, Configuration, Capacity and Major incident Management, Business Continuity process. He/she to work closely with Service Management and Development functions within IDN.
- Provides technical and procedural consistency within a team focused on the implementation, service delivery and support of products, systems & networks.
- Contributes to initiatives for driving down incident rates and working with first line operations to improve service recovery times.
- Adheres to the implementation process to ensure that all aspects of operations are delivered whilst ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved.
- Contributes to defining operational standards, procedures, and best practice.
- Operations Engineers within specialist functional teams may have compliance assurance responsibility.
- Works in close liaison with various operational, project, development and product teams as well working within the Service Organisation to ensure ongoing service delivery and support can be maintained to agreed service levels.
Required Skills and Experience
- Possess a technical university degree/diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience with various software applications. Good analytical skills (root cause analysis and create solutions to resolve incidents).
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment to meet product schedules and deadlines.
- Experience working in a real time market data environment. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, global teams and management.
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Working experience with HP and IBM Blades and Oracle/SUN systems. Good understanding of - networking.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.