This position will provide strategic and operational leadership to national sales and client management teams to aggressively meet government channel sales, revenue and organizational objectives. It will lead the creation and execution of dynamic national sales strategy to maximize current and future growth of legal products and solutions within the government market. Additionally, the individual in this role will design and develop strategies to increase market share, and grow short- and long-term business through the management of the Government Channel ,which aligns with our future vision. He/she will also be responsible for leading a top-level management team capable of meeting and exceeding these goals.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Knowledge of the Government Market and Government Customer
- Develop deep understanding of TR Legal products and services, competitive products and how they are used by Government customers.
- Understand Government business operations and corresponding roles within the organization.
- Develop overall short- and long-term channel strategy to ensure that the sales and revenue goals are met.
- Articulate changing needs of customers in the Government Segment to the business and ensure sales and client management resources are aligned to maintain client relationships and retain/grow market share.
- Proven ability to develop relationships that lead to sales results.
- Provide leadership in the Government Channel organization, including input on major decisions and key product/customer initiatives within the segment. Assist with executing on segment/product strategies that deliver results to customer.
- Provide leadership for all channel employees by actively communicating the vision, mission and goals of the business and driving/motivating team to action.
- Design a clear operational strategy that helps position the Government organization to meet or exceed financial goals, resource utilization goals, and training and development goals.
- Display a passion for the business and customers to continually energize the sales team.
- Lead the Government Sales and Client Management organization in developing processes to forecast and monitor all necessary financial information including new sales, new business opportunities, and renewal revenue by medium. Develop sales objectives and manage the development of account plans that consistently and accurately forecast quarterly and annual revenue streams.
- Manage the performance of direct reports and provide continual development opportunities. Guide direct reports and other Government channel management on effective performance management, employee development and resolution of employee relations issues. Serve as a leader and mentor to direct reports in solutions selling, C-level relationship development and client service.
- Actively participate in process of designing and evaluating compensation plans, territory alignment, incentive plans and programs to drive sales results.
Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key business partners (e.g., Segment Marketing, Product Development, Customer Support, Sales Operations, Finance, Human Resources) and the rest of the organization.
- Builds strategic long-term relationships with customers as well as the legal, corporate and business communities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across Thomson Reuters to better position the broader organization within the Government marketplace.
RESPONSIBILITY OF OTHERS:
- 6 direct reports at director level. Total of ~175 indirect employees, both inside and field based nationwide.
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15-20 years of related experience, including building proven, solid customer relationships.
- 10 years executive level experience in a successful sales or account manager role in a strategic or national accounts environment, including solid relationships with government customers.
- Proven ability to lead and manage large, complex contracts in a consultative sale. Outstanding software/solutions sales and negotiation skills, particularly with online or internet based products and services
- Experience in the online, legal or information publishing industry strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and executing national program strategies.
- Solid understanding of the needs and workflow of government customers.
- Experience developing and implementing field compensation plans, incentives and programs. Strong sales operations skill set, including sales training, compensation plan design/expertise, administration and sales support.
- Experience leading and inspiring large teams successfully through change.
- Strong understanding of field and management, processes and strategies.
- Outstanding executive level leadership ability demonstrated by directing high performing teams to exceed their goals in a complex selling environment.
- Experience creating a culture of success to attract the best and brightest people; retaining the right people through coaching, development and personal growth; and recognizing and rewarding behaviors and contributions.
- Outstanding high-level presentation and communication skills. Ability to lead presentations and discussions with high level executives.
- In-depth knowledge of current technology and insight into future applications.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent financial and business acumen.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America