- Full time, permanent role based in Sydney CBD
- Sales focus - grow market share for the Eikon desktop
- Career opportunity with Global, reputable organisation
We are looking for a Solutions Sales Specialist, Sellside to sell into the existing customer base and open up new business opportunities in collaboration with Account Management.
You will grow market share by utilizing specialist knowledge to deliver gross sales for the Eikon desktop. You will also act a consultant on TR's broader suite of products such as Datastream.
As this role has a major emphasis on selling into existing customer base and opening up new business opportunities, you may involve becoming involved in territories outside of Sydney, but in Pacific. Key duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivers recurring revenue, generates new opportunities, follows and develops opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Ensures effective handover of new accounts to the account management team post set up and works closely on existing sales opportunities.
- Gathers feedback from the customer, maintains accurate customer contact and opportunity data in Trust CRM system SCOPE & IMPACT
- Selling a set of products/solutions to a pre-defined market segment, possibly in a predefined territory, possibly a country or sub-region.
- Cross-channel function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognise client needs and propose solution.
- Feed all relevant market trends back to Market Development to help with future business strategy.
- To assist in all retention exercises to ensure we protect our existing customer base.
Relationships both internal and external
- May include sales professionals, product specialists, trainers, consultants, marketing, senior leadership, etc.
- Key stakeholders within assigned accounts including executives and industry associations
- Other divisions within Thomson Reuters such as Risk, Tax, Legal and Accounting.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Finance or business-related subject
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills - Ability to think laterally and outside the box
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate, persuade, influence and operate at all levels of management
- Good project management skills - organized with an attention to detail – understands the importance of corporate standards, procedures and approval processes
- Strong competence with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and other software, with an ability to leverage technology to effectively multi-task
- An understanding of all asset classes is important however it will be important to specifically develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the Thomson Reuters proposition in the foreign exchange space.
- Team player who is able to work in a complex matrix environment with partners in multiple locations and time zones
- Results-oriented self-starter who demonstrates initiative and proactively contributes ideas and solutions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Sydney-New South Wales-Australia