This is an opportunity for someone to join the Talent and Development Team at Thomson Reuters, starting ASAP. It is open to someone with 2-3 years or more experience working in an admin/coordination role, preferably within L&D/Talent/HR – undergraduate degree preferred, or equivalent qualification and experience.
The position is based in London and the incumbent will be working in the Learning Strategy & Operations team to support the learning and development programs/initiatives across the organization. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within HR or more generally within a large global organization.
The position is primarily responsible for the coordination of a variety of management & leadership development programs and personal development offerings but will also get involved in other L&D activities as and when required.
The responsibilities vary according to the programs/projects and priorities at the time and the examples below are indicative of some of the activities:
- Schedule and support face to face events, including booking rooms, running the Tele-Presence or Video-Conference, working with Facilities teams and other coordinators to ensure logistics, materials, security/access, catering, etc. are arranged,
- Schedule and run virtual events, including setting up WebEx, managing and monitoring enrolment/attendance, recording sessions, managing polls and chats, etc., as and when required
- Work collaboratively with team members on assigned tasks, liaise with suppliers, like external venues, our learning delivery partners and local HR, on logistics and arrangements ensuring smooth workflow
- Manage program related communication, e.g. advertising learning sessions, sending reminders, thank you notes, etc.
- Create and maintain program materials, including designing and updating of PowerPoint presentations, program templates, etc.
- Maintain internal websites / SharePoint sites, including keeping calendar of offerings up to date, uploading new documents, photos, blogs, etc.
- Maintain learning events and registrations in learning management system; Track/report registration and completion of activities by participants, and their career progression;
- Possess general understanding of the customers’ needs/requirements/priorities; Answer questions related to the coordination of the programs for participants, suppliers, HR, etc.
- Prepare data and reports as part of the on-going operational needs; Maintain bank of survey questions and input into the survey tool; Analyze the impact study data, if needed
- Create documentations to record the steps in processes of running the programs and ability to follow through and potentially contribute to the project plans; Continuously improve the workflow by proactively identifying issues and suggesting enhancements
- Ensure allocated assignments/projects are successfully completed and delivered within agreed deadlines
Required Skills / Experience
- Previous experience of coordinating events, programs or projects in large, diverse and global teams desirable
- Efficient in project execution; adept in delivering results against project plans and to deadlines across businesses, geographies and disciplines in a dynamic environment with responsibility for supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to follow and execute steps of standardized processes; Able to successfully deal with basic technical, administrative or operational problems using existing policies and procedures
- Analytical approach – accuracy and great attention to detail very important, especially when working with high pressure deadlines; Able to keep focused at busy times and not easily stressed by deadlines or handling multiple priorities
- Ability to make decisions, guided by existing policies and procedures, that impact efficiency and effectiveness of programs schedule, delivery and participation numbers
- Good spoken and written communication skills (incl. good interpersonal skills); Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including senior executives if applicable
- Good planning, organization (incl. record keeping), time-management ; Ability to understand, interpret and set personal priorities for reaching goals, “connect the dots”
- Self starter with good initiative and flexibility; Quick learner with curiosity to ask questions and resourcefulness in finding answers
- Very good team working skills and proactive customer support; Able to respond to urgent requests and changes
- Proficient skills on Excel (familiar with filter, v-lookup, pivot, formula, etc.), PowerPoint (ability to improve formatting, add photos, consolidate slides, etc.), Word and quick to pick up new packages (e.g. HR and talent systems)
- Ability to understand the steps in a process and record them accurately
- Ability to handle sensitive information whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Strong interest and desire to progress in Talent/Learning environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.