Business Unit: Enterprise Technology & Operations
Position Title: Lead Financial Analyst, Investments, Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O)
Location: Canary Wharf, 5 Canada Square
The Lead Financial Analyst will be part of the Investments team within ET&O and will be responsible for the management of all financial data pertaining to the TR Organic Investment Process. The role will report to the Senior Finance Director, Investments, ET&O.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be the ET&O point person for the management of all financial data forming TRs Organic Investment reporting, governed by the Enterprise Prioritization Committee (“EPC”) in Baar, Switzerland. This includes global TR capital and associated operating expense.
- You will work across all teams within ET&O and the Business Units to ensure Investments data is accurately reported and classified for the EPC.
- You will drive process and reporting improvements pertaining to the Organic Investment envelop through close collaboration with the Director of Business Systems as well as Finance personnel in ET&O and the Business Units.
- You will work with the Senior Director, Investments, to shape global TR policies surrounding the Organic Investment Process, including Business Case guidelines, and will validate through internal reviews that these policies are being followed.
- You will support ad-hoc analysis related to Organic Investments as needed, such as teh review of internal and external resources deployed on TR assets.
- Director / Manager, ET&O Financial Planning & Analysis
- Manager / Director, Business Unit Product Management
- Director, Business Systems
- Finance Directors, Central Technology
- Lead Accountant, Project Accounting
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent financial acumen, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Technical expertise highly desirable, particularly an ability to understand systems and workflows
- Strong business partnering experience, with a proven ability to interact across many functions and levels to implement initiatives
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles and their application
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge / experience with capital, in particular software development, is a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You will be tenacious and driven by delivering results
- You will be curious and enjoy working in teams to deliver optimum results
- You will be customer focused, proactive and have a good understanding of Thomson Reuters’ strategy and business model
- You will work to deliver the Thomson Reuters’ values of Trust, Innovation, Partnership and Performance in all that you do
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.