We are currently seeking a self-motivated techno-functional consultant with overall 6+ years of SAP ABAP programming and pricing and tax-related configuration experience in Ariba, SD, MM and/or FI modules.
The consultant will work closely with Thomson Reuters consulting team in the US and also with our client's project team to implement enterprise tax software at various sites that involves integration of Ariba and SAP with Determination. The consultant is required to travel as part of their job responsibilities primarily within continental US and sometimes abroad. The consultant will act as SAP integration SME during the various stages of a tax automation project with Thomson Reuters’ suite of products. The consultant is also required with Thomson Reuters’ partners to implement our products successfully.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Gather business, process and integration requirements between ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination and Ariba, SAP (SD, FI, MM) Configure Ariba P2P process with ONESOURCE Tax Determination and Integration.
- Lead requirements and analysis workshops with clients to define business, process, and functional and data mapping requirements.
- Perform Pricing and Tax related configurations for SD, MM and FI modules and develop ABAP programs to integrate Determination and SAP.
- Analyze SAP code and functionality to design and develop custom solutions as per requirements.
- Configure ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination (Determination tax engine) for integration with SAP Coordinate technical implementation with the client, providing technical expertise necessary to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- May need to develop SQL based custom reports per functional requirements using tools i.e. SQL Plus, Toad, Crystal Designer
- Prepare and execute test scripts and test cases.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during implementation during different phases of testing.
- Install SAP integration and make it fully functional with Determination.
- Ability to maintain a SAP ECC system and take care of simple maintenance tasks like User maintenance, Authorizations, Archiving etc.
- Provide status report to Project Managers. Enter time on a weekly basis in the time entry system.
Additional Information: (e.g. Shift Resource, % work that is development vs. maintenance, etc.)
The resource is required to work a regular shift based on the Central time zone from 8:00 till 5:00 PM. The work will be technical in nature with some focus on functional testing. During production cut-over situation, the resource might be required to work after hours.
• Masters or Bachelors degree in any Engineering stream preferably Computer Science or Electrical.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must have experience in consulting or supporting clients in the US or Europe – either over conference calls or in-person.
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical/critical thinking.
- Must have SAP Ariba experience in P2P business process.
- Must have knowledge about interface processes between SAP Ariba and SAP ECC from Purchases Requisition, Invoice Reconciliation, MIRO and FI posting.
- Must have at least 5 years of developing ABAP programs for SD, MM, and/or FI.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience of supporting or implementing for SD, MM, and/or FI.
- Must have solid understanding of O2C (order to cash) and P2P (procure to pay) business processes and related SAP R/3 functionalities / configuration.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Must have experience creating and executing test cases and test scripts for SAP R/3 implementations.
- Experience working with clients to determine transaction tax requirements (VAT), particularly with enterprise financial solutions is highly desired.
- Experience with integrating third party enterprise tax products (e.g. Determination, Taxware and/or Vertex) is highly desired.
- Must be able to travel within US.
- 40% travel is expected. International travel is not required at this time.
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- SQL experience (preferably Oracle) or knowledge of MS SQL or DB2 is a plus.
- Experience in developing enterprise-class Java / XML programs is preferred; experience with other technology, such as .NET or Webservices is a plus.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Java-based software program in Application Servers, such as WebLogic, WebSphere or JBoss is a plus.
- IT infrastructure administration experience around database, network, and application server, including performance tuning, is a plus.
- At least one project implementation experience in the US for SAP Ariba and SAP ECC.
Any Certifications Required:
- SAP Ariba certification is a plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America