Full time government analyst utilizing public records and open source data to help clients understand risk. Provide subject matter expertise on case specific analysis and research on the proliferation of public records and open source information.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
• Conduct in-depth data analysis using skills in public records and open source data.
• Provide client support (e.g. client inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting, miscellaneous research, and advice on analytic methods) and training to client end users.
• Provide reports of key analytic findings and guidance to client with regard to risk mitigation.
• Participate as member of client’s analytical working group.
• Interact with clients in a professional manner and respond quickly to client requests.
• Interact with project team in a collegial and professional manner.
This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
• U.S. TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus. Military experience in lieu of degree considered.
• 1-4 years previous work experience relating to research and analysis.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Previous experience conducting research and writing analytical reports.
• High proficiency in using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube, as well as familiarity with social media shorthand and online slang.
• Foreign language skills.
• Programming and technical skills.
• Previous experience with social network analysis methods and software.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.