Penetration Testing Service Project Manager
Technology & Ops - Information Security
Product or Service:
Thomson Reuters requires their products to be regularly tested for security on a yearly or major release basis. The PM will be responsible of facilitating this process from an administrative perspective.
Thomson Reuters' Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a strategic, innovative change agent to manage the day to day logistical operations across the penetration testing team. The Penetration Testing Services Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the ISRM Penetration Testing team manage relationships with internal key stakeholders within multiple businesses as well as external vendors.
Main Responsibilities / Accountability:
- Define, document and manage projects, actively participating in all phases of the outsourced penetration testing projects life cycle;
- Maintain adequate project controls to ensure projects deliver agreed benefits - Identify, assess, and manage delay risks and issues;
- Work alongside the Penetration Testing Services Manager, serve as a routing point for planning & coordination across the internal businesses;
- Negotiating and committing customers to appropriate deliverables and timelines;
- Assist in managing change control, gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders. Build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitate commitment and decision-making with the ISRM penetration testing manager;
- Assist in delivering input for formal presentations and summaries to senior management;
- Monitor costs and timescales for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints;
- Assist in preparing and maintaining project plans and track activities against the plan;
- Implement an effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports;
- Provide projects leadership; collaborate with business leaders and ISRM penetration testing manager to coordinate penetration testing projects, facilitate results deliverables and remediate risks;
- Maintain the application and infrastructure layers penetration testing process documentation, including supplier selection criteria, engagement workflow and Penetration Testing Service Catalog;
- Collaborate across teams to evaluate effectiveness of security policies to meet internal, regulatory and customer requirements; assist in ensuring compliance with policy and tracking annual mandatory security tests.
- ISRM Penetration Testing Manager
- Business Units’ PMs
- External Vendors
- Internal ISRM team
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Significant experience in a customer facing, project management role or other related experience;
- In-depth knowledge of PMBOK guide is mandatory;
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills with working knowledge of project management methodology;
- Self-started with the ability to prioritize work to meet timelines;
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business, and technology contacts ;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Effective negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving;
- Familiar with Datacenter technologies, application deployment, networking, security services;
- Flexibility in working hours in order to ensure sufficient interaction across time zones. Some travel (max 5%) may be required.
Desired Skills/Experience Desired:
- Preferred knowledge of Fieldglass, ServiceNow, Ariba;
- Experience managing an AgileScrum team is preferred;
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications (denote required or preferred))
- PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2 preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite MOS Certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.