The role of the ECP (Enterprise Content Platform) Applications Service Manager (ASM) is to provide dedicated, end to end service governance across all ECP environments (not just Production) to improve service stability and availability. The individual will also need to ensure that all security related issues are considered including scanning, penetration tests, patching etc. The role will be based in Eagan, MN to formulate face-to-face relationships with some of the key stakeholders and business partners. The individual concerned will need to be proactive, a leader, manage from the front, comfortable speaking with and presenting to senior management, innovative, analytical and forthright in pursuing his/her objectives.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Although this role will not have direct reports, it provides leadership and direction by influencing managers and staff. Has responsibility for ensuring quality of work by teams and individuals with whom they work, motivating staff, encouraging staff, being aware of their ‘shadow’, providing constructive feedback on staff and providing input on staffing decisions.
- To ensure the end to end service meets agreed levels for products and/or applications within given domain(s).
- Works closely with the Application Owner, act as their eyes and ears and has a delegated responsibility for managing the service end to end.
- Ensure alignment and synergy with teams in other regions for global consistency.
- Champion and promote service improvement within product or application.
- Ensure all service governance activities are carried out in accordance with defined Technical Policies.
- Ensure that service governance is considered across the end to end service delivery chain from data collection through data curation through to distribution to the clients’ site.
- Report service level performance on a regular basis to senior management.
Information Security – Ensure the Confidentially, Integrity and Availability of TR Data and IT Services
- Ensure that appropriate code scanning, penetration testing, patching (etc) are in place and tracked.
- Ensure that all security mechanisms are subject to regular testing.
- Work with ISRM to prevent attacks and intrusions and to quickly detect intrusions where they occur and minimize the damage incurred by security breaches.
Release Management – Goal Is to plan, schedule, coordinate and communicate the movement of releases across all ECP environments.
- Define an effective, lightweight Release Management process across all ECP environments
- Define Release Management requirements for all the relevant teams involved in the end-to-end process (development, Operations, Capability, Project, business partners)
- Ensure the Release Management process is understood by all the teams involved, provide training as necessary
- Manage an ECP ‘Health Dashboard’ that provides an easily understood view of ‘service availability’ across all environments
- Drive adoption of automated releases across all ECP environments
- Communicate Release Management reports to business partners and stakeholders across all environments
Change Management – Goal Is to Minimise The Impact of Change Related Service Disruptions:
- Implement a light weight, effective Change Management process for changes across all ECP environments with focused steer towards Agile best practices
- Chair existing ECP CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings with representatives from all appropriate teams, i.e. Development, Operations, DCIS, networks etc
- Review/approve/communicate all change tickets for all environments. Push back on changes that are not fit for purpose.
- Review any Failed Changes, understand lessons learnt and identify actions to prevent recurrence
- Communicate Change Management reports to business partners and stakeholders
Incident Management – Goal Is to Reduce The Number of Incidents and to Reduce MTTR (Mean Time To Resolve) Incidents:
- Represents the application at Major Incident (MTM) meetings.
- Ensure there is an effective support and escalation process in place for all environments which is then communicated to and understood by all the teams across the enterprise who are involved, provide training as necessary
- Ensure that service disruptions in lower environments are treated with the same level of focus and priority as Production issues
- Ensure all teams are using a single ticketing system for reporting and tracking service issues
- Ensure all the appropriate teams are involved in the Incident resolution process as required, i.e. Operations, development, networks, DCIS, 3rd party vendors etc, escalate as necessary where needed
- Provide Incident communications and updates to business partner, stakeholders and senior management
- Chair daily scrum touchpoint calls with all appropriate teams to ensure visibility and coordination of efforts
- Provide weekly/monthly metrics on service disruptions, time to resolve issues, change volumes, change failures etc across all ECP environments
- Strive to improve monitoring across all environments to reduce Incident MTTR times
- Communicate regular Incident Management reports to business partners and stakeholders
Problem Management – Goal Is to Identify Root Cause to Prevent Recurrence of Incidents:
- Accountable at the Global Service Forum (GSF) for application(s) owned and that the quality of information provided meets the required standards.
- Ensures that a regular Problem Management service forum is run and managed to deal effectively with issues closed from the GSF and issues that do not meet GSF criteria. Ensure an effective Root Cause Analysis process is in place for major incidents.
- Partner with the centralised Problem Management team to oversee the following functions -
- Identify root cause, trigger, aggravating factors for P1 and P2 tickets across all environments
- Identify actions, owners and timeframes to prevent repeat issues. Actively chase owners for updates and escalate where necessary
- Arrange and Chair PIR post mortem calls as necessary for P1, P2 tickets
- Communicate Problem Management reports to business partners and stakeholders
Risk Management - Goal is to Identify, Manage and Resolve Known Risks to Service
- Manages and owns the Service Availability Risk Register (SARR).
- Conduct regular reviews with Capability, Development managers and others, ensure data is accurate and up to date.
- Present SARRs reviews to senior management and stakeholders.
- Manages a regular program of service site failover and data restore tests. Ensures that test reports/scores meet defined failover and recovery times and that the results are documented and submitted in accordance with Technical Policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of varied experience in Technical Service Management.
- ITIL qualifications and experience of ISO standards process management
- Experience in the areas of Service Management, Development, Technical Operations/Support, Agile/Dev Ops methodology, Cloud deployment support/service management.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills. Matrix management.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America