The role is accountable for the delivery of business value to their key stakeholders – Product Management, Technology Owners and Services Operations primarily through the execution of programs and projects to bring new products or capabilities to market or implementing large scale change to existing products or infrastructures.
The projects and programs themselves are diverse in make-up and include new propositions, enhancing existing products and transformational platform change. The scope of delivery covers the full life cycle definition (product / design elaboration), delivery (development /implementation) and through to service operations. The role has managerial responsibility in the form of virtual line management, as a number of the programs require a team of project managers to deliver.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Project delivery – fully accountable for all aspects of the delivery chain and manages program performance throughout execution and identifies opportunities to optimize the execution
• Risk Management - exhibits strong ability to identify and plan resolution of program risk risks
• Project Communication - identifies and manages effectively all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management
• Improving project performance – Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving the delivery model by analyzing consistent themes in lessons learned information
• Problem solving and decision making – sound judgment at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
• Dependency management - Leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
• Financial Management and Project Accounting – application of corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across programmes to meet strategic goals
• Project Estimation and Planning – prepare and maintain overall plan for large, highly complex projects/programs, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts. Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" to project plans and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections. Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations
• Project Gov and Assurance – implement program governance and among internal & external key stakeholders. Work with Program Office to identify improvements in governance and champion the change in order to improve program delivery.
• Program transparency – deliver accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs
• Stakeholder Management – manage stakeholder relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the group
• Senior Leadership Team in Finance and Risk Technology Group
• Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
• Product & Content Management
• Program Office
• Business Operations
• 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
• Project and program management colleagues
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Define, scope, and manage large, complex programs typically greater than >10M in value, of a global reach and multi year duration
• Capable at managing uncertainty and working with senior management to ensure business objectives are achieved
• Change and transformation – experience in planning and delivering organizational change project
• Actively leads all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the program
• Defines, communicates, and champions a method of working to manage the strategy
• Defines and programs governance to ensure there is sufficient executive support and guidance.
• Has effective control, leadership and responsibility for the delivery of the program - including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and business value. Develops and leads the process for dealing with rapid major change. Ensures the communication channels and processes are in place to notify key stakeholders so that plans can be amended and the necessary action taken.
• Establishes the appropriate tools and processes to meet project goals. Influences program sponsor to make the appropriate decisions and modifications in response to external influences on the program.
• Effectively communicates difficult concepts to program stakeholders and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance. Ensures appropriate sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s degree – in an IT and or business related field (preferred)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred)
• Prince2 Practitioner (preferred)
• ITIL (preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.