Senior Account Manager - Singapore & Pacific
Reuters Media Sales
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Our valued customers are corporations, governments, broadcasters, print and digital publishers and more importantly mobile (which is seeing unparalleled growth in Asia). Reuters News Agency provides multi-media news solutions; our products and services include video, text feeds, pictures, graphics, packaged content and syndication services.
Reuters News Agency has an opportunity to appoint a Senior Account Manager who will be responsible for the licensing of Reuters’ news and services. The primary function of the role is to retain, grow and obtain new business, create new opportunities and increase revenue from the region. Strong negotiation and closing skills are essential. The successful candidate will be a solutions seller who can engage at all business levels with confidence. Drive and determination are a must, with a proven track record of sales. The candidate is expected to exercise thought leadership and to demonstrate an understanding of the customers’ business strategies; presenting the compelling value proposition of Reuters Media.
- Exceptional talent that can cultivate long-term sales relationships as well as scope and develop new business
- Outstanding inter-personal, communication leadership and presentation skills with ability to gain credibility, collaborate, influence and work across diverse cultures and teams
- Proactive self-starter, who acts as the primary point of contact for a book of business that encompasses more than one region, and who can pro-actively generate new business opportunities
- Excellent account management, time management, negotiation, strategic and tactical planning skills
- Creative solution orientated problem solver, who develops and maintains knowledge and experience of relevant products and services
- Develops and executes account strategies by collaborating with account teams to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Manages and recognizes the benefits of working with CRM (customer relationship management tools), with a demonstrable knowledge of sales methodologies including pipeline and opportunity management to achieve revenue targets
- Attend and contribute to sales meetings, presentations and training courses
- Fluent English language skills, the ability to speak other languages at a high level is desirable
- Ambitious with high energy and positive motivation
- Strategically develop and execute a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for retention, and growth revenue as appropriate
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets
- Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the accounts decision-making process to ensure closed revenues
- Establish strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities and continue to maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Prepare, present and negotiate Agency solutions proposals and quotations in professional format in order to acquire new business
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments and customer product training as necessary
- Provide pipeline reports, territory and account plan updates and forecasts through the use of Salesforce to track customer activity in internal systems to execute on account strategy and identification of additional opportunities
- Gather and report on the competitive landscape, providing feedback to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Collaborate with account team and/or other business units and specialists providing oversight of all account activities
- Use and provide relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters account team and relevant cross functional departments
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
Experience & Skills:
- 8 years experience in a position with direct sales responsibility (ideally with a minimum of 5 years within a media company, a competitor or a news agency)
- Demonstrable track record of sales success and familiarity with content licensing would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable skills in managing multiple accounts with an ability to create, build and cultivate relationships and coordinate resources outside of direct line of responsibility
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Experienced in applying value based, consultative sales methodologies with the ability to problem solve to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technologies with a high level of proficiency
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization up to and including board level
- Ability and willingness to travel within region of responsibility on regular basis
- Strong understanding of the broadcast and media business models and their workflows along with knowledge of wireless service providers and the markets Reuters serve
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.