A Web Designer will lead all creative direction with FindLaw clients. This includes but is not limited to design intake, conceptualization and delivery of design projects. They will assist with the creation of designs of websites or other marketing materials for law firms and associations as included in the FindLaw solutions offering. Website design includes collaborating with project managers, development teams and customers to create the client’s vision in a graphical presentation for the Internet. The Web Designer may also participate in special projects and testing.
- Handle design intake within a project team to interview clients on the needs and goals of their firm and create graphical website prototype for clients to review. Collect, convert, and edit text and graphical materials provided by clients for those prototypes as necessary. Incorporate special web features and proprietary functionality.
- Work in a fast paced, production environment with the customer in mind.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Responsible for managing workflow, durations and final design delivery in order to obtain design approval from client.
- Responsible for on-time task and project delivery.
- At least 2 years of web design experience
- Proven customer service experience
- Proven project management experience
- Web & Graphic Design
- Strong portfolio of design work, with a robust web design component, that demonstrates skill, aesthetic style and creativity.
- Windows OS Platforms & Mac OS Platforms.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Hands-on Wordpress experience, including customization with CSS/HTML.
- Excellent knowledge of web standards, usability and web fonts.
- Ability to create concepts within specified deadline.
- Art & Creative Direction
- Ability to understand customer needs, pitch creative direction, develop concepts and write creative briefs for other designers.
- Communication skills that ensure off-site designers are up to date on project needs and in the loop on updates, revisions and changes.
- Ability to delegate design responsibility, managing outsourced designers without making hands-on changes personally.
- Administration & Business Acumen
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to take direction from customers, providing productive feedback and design rationale.
- Ability to function well under pressure.
- Focused on results and accountability.
- Able to work autonomously, and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and be open to others ideas.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Expert computer skills in the following:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate computer skills
- Results focused
- Excellent prioritization skills
Bachelor degree or Associate degree and relevant experience required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America