Solutions Consultant, Commodities and Treasury
Financial and Risk
Go to Market, Asia
- Be a part of solutions consulting team and work with sales staff to engage with customers and prospects taking them through the journey of solutions sales.
- Engage with customers, understand their requirements and map it into the company solutions/products so that the capability can be proved to the customer.
- Prepare demo prototypes, presentations and answer RFP’s showcasing the unique selling points of the solution.
- Work with product management team to feeding back to them information regarding solution enhancements and change requests.
- Work with implementation/professional services team to ensure that pre-sales to post-sales knowledge and engagement transfer is done seamlessly.
- Work with various teams to ensure that the solution that is proposed to the customer is technically, commercially and legally feasible.
- Conduct and participate in knowledge transfer sessions.
- Work with Thomson Reuters partners in order to identify and sell joint solutions
Necessary & Desirable Skills:
- Good working knowledge in commodities and treasury workflows within corporates and/or trading-firms”, “knowledge of physical commodities trading workflows” & “financial risk management within treasury workflows eg. FX, Fixed Income and/or commodities”.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations
- Having a good understanding of design and architecture principles
- Being able to work autonomously
- Good understanding of financial industry and institutions and their business
- Good knowledge in technical integration of solutions.
- Basic knowledge in relevant technology; knowledge in scripting/ programming is desirable. Techno/Functional background is ideal.
- Having prior working experience in commodities market; especially in the energy and Agricultural commodities.
- Having working experience in the corporate treasury; good understanding various aspects of corporate treasury workflow and ecosystem.
- Experience in implementing end-user-cases; having worked on the technical and business aspects of the use cases especially in the financial industry
- Experience in directly dealing with commodities traders/sales/back-office with the understanding of the nuances of various aspects of the commodities market like supply chain, logistics, statistics, financial metrics like fundamentals.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.